Operation No One Left Behind
The reason why this Campaign exist:
Sacrifice. Dedication. Courage. These are the words that are foremost in our minds when we think of bravery. When we think of those who have selfishly served in the armed forces. In the defense of our nation against enemies both “foreign and domestic”. The three percent of the population who say “I am not afraid”. Those who voluntarily sign on the dotted line. Cementing their intent to serve our great country. Sadly, many often fall on hard times after completion of that service. What most people do not understand is that a Service Member will see or experience more on a 1-year deployment than the average citizen will see in a lifetime. Seeing and experiencing some of these events will leave permanent scars, both Physically & Mentally to that Servicemember. These of some factors which contributes to our veterans finding themselves homeless, despondent and forgotten. That needs to change. We at The Action Jackson Foundation (The AJF) are focusing on providing necessary and desperately needed services such as food, hygiene, temporary shelter, transportation to medical facilities and referral assistance to as many of our fellow veterans as possible. As well as helping veterans’ access benefits such as SSI / Disability and VA Benefits they are eligible for. But we need your help. Financially, The AJF has been a self-funded organization solely supported by four veterans using large portions of their disability and retirement checks to establish, support and fund facets of the organization. In recent months we have been blessed with donations from generous businesses, community advocates and good people like you. Yet our current needs to serve the homeless veteran population are far from met. WE NEED YOU! Please help us by making a donation and spreading the word to friends, family, colleagues and neighbors. No amount is too small and every amount is appreciated and will go toward the purchase of much needed items.
Here’s what your donation would go towards:
Each month as The AJF conducts Feed the Homeless and Veteran Outreach events around various communities it allows us to assess additional needs of the communities we serve. Below is a list of items we would like to be able to purchase to better serve our community.
1) $42,000 - A six (6) person twenty-foot mobile shower trailer. It will be transported to all Feed the Homeless and Veteran Outreach events. This will allow many homeless veterans to take care of personal hygiene in a clean and safe environment that offers hot water.
2) $45,000 –Eight (8) washer / dryer combo 24-foot mobile laundry trailer. This trailer would be transported to various AJF events and allow veterans the opportunity to clean their belongings at no cost.
3) $50,000 – Two 15 passenger vans which will be used to transport veterans to designated feeding, shower and laundry locations. Vans emblazoned with The AJF logo will provide comfort to those who are wary of unmarked vehicles that have been used in the past by those in nefarious activities. The AJF vans will be known as a symbol of safe transport to food, medical appointments and shower facilities.
4) $3500 – A 7x14 enclosed trailer to be used in the transport of food and supplies during all operations. Currently we rely on UHAUL rentals at a considerable cost to transport food and other supplies during our monthly Feed the Homeless operations.
5) $11,000 – The AJF computer lab with 15 HP all in one computer systems. The lab would be a crucial component in our monthly veteran outreach events. Allowing veterans to access social security, veteran administration, housing and employment websites on the spot. This would be beneficial to helping homeless veterans gain a stronger financial and self-sustaining foothold in society. The AJF Computer Lab would also be used during the week in local schools participating in our afterschool mentoring programs.
6) $4000 –Bumper pull BBQ grill. The AJF travels throughout the Florida hosting Feed the Homeless events in various places. We grill fresh and hot BBQ and other items for the community we serve. We currently have to rent this item.
7) $80,000 – Two (2) dual rear wheel pickup trucks will be needed to transport the mobile shower and laundry facilities as well as supply trailers. The AJF team currently uses personal vehicles and rental vehicles, at a considerable cost, for all transportation needs.
8) $120,000 – Operation Curbside Consumption twice monthly feeding outreach events is one of the staples of the services we provide. Twice a month our team travels to various locations where homeless population including veterans are known to be. We provide hot meals at serving locations at an average cost of $5000 per event. Feeding upwards of 300 people as well as providing back packs filled with personal hygiene items.
TOTAL AMOUNT NEEDED: $355,500
Other ways that you can help:
Share this campaign & concept with everyone and anyone you know.
Introduce The AJF to corporations that would be interested in what we’re doing for our Veterans.
Start a campaign, at work or in your community and raise funds and or collect personal hygiene items.
Donate your time to volunteer at a scheduled event.
I invite you to visit our website at www.theajf.org or visit us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/TheActionJacksonFoundation/ to see the impact we are having in various communities here in the State of Florida.
Also, we have other means to donate if you are not comfortable with using this platform.
CashApp : $TheAJF2015
or visit or website at www.theajf.org and click the donate button
Thank you for your time, and for allowing me to tell you about The Action Jackson Foundation.
(Retired US Army Master Sergeant)
Founder / Executive Director
The Action Jackson Foundation, Inc.
a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, Tax ID # 81-4783010