A Last Chance
**NEW: TO DONATE VIA PAYPAL, CLICK HERE **
My name is Irshad Malik. I was diagnosed with Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML) - cancer of the blood - on the 8th of August 2010. From then until summer 2016 I continued working at both my office job and my weekend business as a local newsagent and shopkeeper in Bathgate, West Lothian, until under very strict advice from my doctor I had to first give up the job and then - that October - the business too.
I had lost my job, my business, my income, my savings, everything. For the first time in my life, I came to realize what it's like being broke.
In this almost helpless situation, it is extremely difficult for me to put my dignity on the line for the first time in my life to ask for your help - but I have no other choice. I have been fighting for the past eight years. But now, I simply cannot see a way out on my own - that's why I am reaching out to you.
Because I need you to save my life.
I'm currently in receipt of a huge number of prescribed drugs and treatments:
- Ponatinib (45 mg and 30 mg on alternate days) Previously, I was put on 45 mg of Ponatinib and ended up in hospital twice. The haematologist has said that my body won't be able to cope with 45 mg dose everyday.
- Oramorph (morphine syrup) to fight excruciating pain in hip, femur and legs.
- Eumovate steroid cream for hyperkeratosis
- Zerobase for hyperkeratosis (I'm only allowed to use the steroid cream sparingly as my skin is too sensitive now)
- Zopiclone (sleeping tablets)
- Sublingual trinitrate spray for cardiac pains to fight the effects of CML medication
These medications are to cope with symptoms including extremely high diastolic blood pressure, extreme insomnia, fatigue and breathlessness, and high levels of pain in my chest, arms, back, hip, and legs.
This month I've had news from my consultant saying that while initially I had one CML mutation in my body (called the 'Philadelphia Chromosome'), a second CML mutation that has taken place called 'Chromosome 8'.
(Basically, instead of fighting one type of CML mutation, my body has to fight two separate types of cancer mutations and any one of those could turn from chronic to acute or from chronic directly to the deadly blast stage at any moment.)
All the medical treatments have failed me so far. I URGENTLY need to seek and undergo any and every potent alternative treatment that would give me a chance to live.
Your generous contribution will help with:
1. Travelling costs to the required facilities
2. Accommodation cost where accommodation is not provided
3. The cost of treatment itself. Options I've been advised have some chance of success include individualized cancer treatment at the Oasis of Hope hospital; the Gerson Therapy ; Chelation therapy and oxygen therapy.
I appreciate that some of these will seem like clutching at straws - I've included links in the interests of transparency. But my situation is desperate and the consultant has informed me in no uncertain terms that "there are NOT any other medications we could give you - the ones you are on are the latest CML medications, there are no other alternatives."
I've exhausted the limits of conventional medicine. How long or little time there is before the chronic phase turns to acute or even blast, not even the consultant knows. All I can do now is ask for your help, and hope.