Heart Of a Hero

$45,355 of $25,000 goal

Raised by 1,127 people in 1 month
Over the last 4 1/2 years Heart Of a Hero has created an immense impact in the lives of children and their families by enhancing the quality of life for little ones battling various life threatening, terminal and chronic illnesses. We've seen children in almost all 50 states and have been as far as London. 

As a fairly new yet very successful 501(c)(3) Non-Profit organization, our biggest way of raising enough funds to operate has been crowd funding (Ex: GoFundMe). Funds raised through crowd funding makes up roughly 60% of what operating costs are and the other 40% comes from fundraisers, sponsorships, In kind donations, and private donors. 

Total operating costs for our last fiscal year was $53,673. Funds allocated to operating costs include (but are not limited to) all travel expenses (flight, rental vehicle, food, lodging), superhero suit replacement/repair, Business location costs (including storage big enough to hold necessary inventory, conference room, small office), The care and training of our newly appointed therapy animal (who will visit children as well), and compensation for individuals who work in every day operations of Heart Of a Hero.  

The goal of our GoFundMe is asking for $25,000, which a large majority of , will go towards our business location rent for a FULL YEAR, ensuring we will be in operation another year visiting anywhere between 1,500 and 2,500 children around the globe. Our business location lease is up in late august and if we cant pay it (or at least some of it), Heart Of a Hero will have no foundation on which to function.  That hurts my heart to even think about.

We've been struggling recently to obtain funds (as social media is our biggest platform in raising funds) and the recent change in Instagram and Facebook algorithm limits interaction and visibility of our posts, which has been a big cause of our struggles. As we're currently working to build our rapport with potential sponsors, private donors, and continuing to apply for grants, we hope our priceless services remain available with your help!

All of your donations to Heart Of a Hero are Tax Deductible and help change the lives of so many children who need it most! 


                                            ORGANIZATION INFO:
Heart Of a Hero is a non-profit organization founded by Ricky Mena. Ricky dresses as Spider-Man bringing joy to a world full of kids in need including children who are homeless, special needs, fostered, battling life threatening illnesses, kids who are terminally ill, and even children that are bullied. As of October 2014 Spider-Man has made visits to over 11,500 kids worldwide. It's our mission here at Heart Of a Hero to inspire, motivate and empower children who need it most!

(For more visit www.HeartOfaHero.org)
+ Read More

$45,355 of $25,000 goal

Raised by 1,127 people in 1 month
Your share could be bringing in donations. Sign in to track your impact.
   Connect
We will never post without your permission.
In the future, we'll let you know if your sharing brings in any donations.
We weren't able to connect your Facebook account. Please try again later.
$250
Anonymous
18 days ago
$35
Anonymous
1 month ago
$50
Anonymous
1 month ago
SL
$20
Sandy Le
1 month ago
LV
$67
Linda Vargas
1 month ago
$100
Anonymous
1 month ago
$25
Steve Hoagland
1 month ago
LC
$20
Lizzie Colima
1 month ago
BM
$50
Brittany Myers
1 month ago
$20
Anonymous
1 month ago
or
Use My Email Address
By continuing, you agree with the GoFundMe
terms and privacy policy
There's an issue with this Campaign Organizer's account. Our team has contacted them with the solution! Please ask them to sign in to GoFundMe and check their account. Return to Campaign

Are you ready for the next step?
Even a $5 donation can help!
Donate Now Not now
Connect on Facebook to keep track of how many donations your share brings.
We will never post on Facebook without your permission.