Hair Raising Campaign For A Hair Loss Journey

$4,121 of $5,000 goal

Raised by 56 people in 3 months
In November a dear friend of mine who I commonly refer to as “Sissy Amy” was given life changing news. Large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma. Otherwise known as a very rare and aggressive form of cervical cancer. Like, so rare only 1% of women will ever be diagnosed with this. She hasn’t been able to work since the beginning of December when she started treatments that include 8 weeks of radiation (Monday through Friday), and chemotherapy. There is also the possibility of a hysterectomy. She is an aunt to 6 and a friend to many. She takes classes to someday become a pharmacy tech, and loves reading her Harry Potter series. She’s been a huge fan of Duran Duran for the last 35+ years, and is always able to tell me what is going on in the atmosphere when I text her telling her I’ve had a crap day. She says I’m a “moon child” and always gives me suggestions on how to improve my inner-well being. She is always there for a hug, a cry, a good laugh, or just a chat. I have always wanted to participate in St. Baldrick’s day, but have never been able to, or just never had enough nerve. While St. Baldrick’s focuses on childhood cancer, I’m doing a bit of a spin-off. I’d like to get this beautiful friend of mine some help paying her insane medical bills, while still donating to cancer research. So, in March I will shave my head to stand in solidarity with Amy while she quite literally fights for her life. 60% of what is donated will go to pay her bills, the other 40% will go towards cancer research. 20% of that will go towards childhood cancer research. We have all been affected by the “C” word in some form. Please know that whatever you choose to donate will be appreciated beyond measure. Thank you for helping Amy during the hardest time of her life. She is also accepting prayers or any form of positive vibes you have to throw at her. Thank you for your time and consideration!
+ Read More

$4,121 of $5,000 goal

Raised by 56 people in 3 months
Your share could be bringing in donations. Sign in to track your impact.
   Connect
We will never post without your permission.
In the future, we'll let you know if your sharing brings in any donations.
We weren't able to connect your Facebook account. Please try again later.
SZ
$100
Steven Zank
5 days ago
ST
$100
Stephanie Tsales
1 month ago
DH
$100
diarmuid hayes
1 month ago
$20
Jamie Leiphart
1 month ago
LK
$50
Lisa Kelley
1 month ago
DK
$50
Dan Koller
1 month ago
LW
$30
Leah Wyant
1 month ago
KJ
$25
Kathy Jonet
1 month ago
$25
Karen Benke
1 month ago
DM
$20
Dana Mahoney
1 month ago
or
Use My Email Address
By continuing, you agree with the GoFundMe
terms and privacy policy
There's an issue with this Campaign Organizer's account. Our team has contacted them with the solution! Please ask them to sign in to GoFundMe and check their account. Return to Campaign

Are you ready for the next step?
Even a $5 donation can help!
Donate Now Not now
Connect on Facebook to keep track of how many donations your share brings.
We will never post on Facebook without your permission.