Save Lady From Euthanasia

$1,625 of $1,400 goal

Raised by 23 people in 10 months
Lady is sitting in a high kill shelter in Southern Florida and is very close to running out of time. She is there through NO fault of her own. Her previous owners moved into housing that was not pet friendly.

She WILL be euthanized this week if not pulled by a rescue or adopted. Which thus far she hasn’t been since late July. The shelter is simply chronically over capacity.

I have someone reputable who is willing to drive her to North Dakota for pickup but it will cost 1200 dollars Canadian (approx 800 USD).

Typically, I save for what I have and I cover my butt with insurance for things that might happen. But after replacing a washer, fixing the back landing and a large vet bill all within the last three weeks, my reserve is nearly tapped dry and of course I have to have a cushion for my current fur babies. If she is adopted or pulled by a rescue all funds will be returned to each donor. Normally I under these circumstances I would just wait to find a dog at a “better time”. But she doesn’t have time.

I am hoping, pleading that if anyone can help me save Lady, we will make a personal appearance for pets and treats. Please note Lady is cat dog and kid friendly and is an American Bulldog of 5 years of age.
+ Read More
Wanted to formally let everyone know Lady is SAFE. She is in quarantine at a vet clinic in Miami and we have arranged to have her transported. She will arrive on Sept 10th. She had both ears quite badly infected which have now been treated and are being monitored at the clinic. None of this would have been possible without each of your generous support. The bills have certainly accumulated quickly but we are almost at the end! I can’t wait to meet her in person and begin introductions!
+ Read More
Great news! We will be pulling Lady tomorrow morning. She didn’t get pulled in time to do the next run leaving tomorrow morning from Florida, so she’ll be in boarding at a vet clinic until Sept 6th but at least she will be out of the shelter and safe. This means we cannot split the cost with another doggy traveller and have the additional cost of 11 days of boarding. The total for both together comes to 1050 US (900 transport and 150 boarding fees) in Canadian funds that’s about 1400 Canadian which is what I have set the goal to. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to each and every one of you.
+ Read More
Thank you for your generous support. We have raised almost what is needed! But I had forgotten GfM also takes its own portion. I’ve updated the goal very slightly with that in mind. Thank you to all the marvellous people who have made this happen!
+ Read More
Sharing one more time in the hopes that we get just a little more funding. I cannot stress to you how urgent this is. Her “date” was supposed to be yesterday. They have been trying to clear the shelters by making all large dogs free of charge, but daily and semi weekly euths are still happening and she is STILL a candidate for euthanasia.

I’ve found a rescue partner that is likely able to bring her up north for considerably less, but requires a quarantine period outside of the shelter before doing so. The goal has been lowered to just 550 Canadian! (More than 50 percent less). So far we have 170 dollars(thank you!!!). Please let’s get her up here and give the Devons a giant cuddle buddy.(yes she is tested safe/good with cats! As well as her previous owners report she has lived with them her whole life)

Please help if you can. Even 5 dollars honest to god helps at this point(that’s just 4 dollars for any Americans!)
+ Read More
Read a Previous Update

$1,625 of $1,400 goal

Raised by 23 people in 10 months
Your share could be bringing in donations. Sign in to track your impact.
   Connect
We will never post without your permission.
In the future, we'll let you know if your sharing brings in any donations.
We weren't able to connect your Facebook account. Please try again later.
DF
$35
Dory Ellen Fish
9 months ago
LE
$100
Linda Engell
9 months ago
$25
Anonymous
9 months ago
$200
Anonymous
9 months ago
DM
$20
Darlene Mayser
9 months ago
$50
Anonymous
9 months ago
$10
Kelly Bonci
9 months ago
KW
$5
Kellie West
9 months ago
$450
Anonymous
9 months ago
$10
Kerri Fleming
9 months ago
or
Use My Email Address
By continuing, you agree with the GoFundMe
terms and privacy policy
There's an issue with this Campaign Organizer's account. Our team has contacted them with the solution! Please ask them to sign in to GoFundMe and check their account. Return to Campaign

Are you ready for the next step?
Even a $5 donation can help!
Donate Now Not now
Connect on Facebook to keep track of how many donations your share brings.
We will never post on Facebook without your permission.