Update 3 PM Friday: Since folks are having a hard time finding Charlie's page, here's an update: we just met with the vet. Her white blood count is critically low. Prognosis remains poor to grave. Her new momma is transferring her up to the animal hospital in Reno, where they will keep Charlie overnight. They'll do more bloodwork in the morning and a decision will need to be made then, since the doggy hospital charges $500-$700 a night. Thank you so so much for your contributions so far. The DOCS clinic is amazed with Dayton's support for this little pup. We are still in need of donations for her care.
Update: 1 PM Friday: Helen Houston (Charlie's new momma) and I stopped by the vet at 11:30 to see our girl. While we were unable to see her then, we were told that she's responding we'll to IV fluids and she even sat up! Very amazing since she was so close to death a few hours before. The dr gets out of surgery soon and we will be able to talk to him about her chances.
Update: 9 AM Friday: Poor babe. She's been named Charlie. Docs are trying to get an IV in her now. Docs has been great, but they will only take payment in person and only today. Tonight they will charge my credit card. Estimate right now is $340. Anything anyone can do to help would be great. We have some leads on a home for her if she survives. After today if you want to donate to her recovery please do so at this page.
Kristi Godard, thank you for the donation. The goal of $5,200. has been reached! If anyone still wants to donate please know; any money remaining after paying all of Charlie's bills will go back to the rescues and vets that donated so they can help others animals that may not get the attention Charlie has received.
Who will be the final one to donate to Charlie?
I thought I'd wake up this morning and find the goal has been reached. I will be today. I know it will be.
The goal is not far away now. Stacy and Helen are going to add up all the expenses to date and get an idea of how much longer Charlie may have to remain in the hospital. The goal may have to be increased. They should know more tomorrow.
Stacy won't be able to post an update until tonight...here's what we have this morning: .from Helen: "She's maintaining. Eye and gums have good color. Not real energetic. But she is stable. In fair but stable condition. Alert. Interested. She threw up at about 5:00 and the dr wants to wait a little bit before trying to eat. No tail wagging. She's tired. They said her eyes a brighter since I got here."
The change in her outward condition is nothing short of amazing!
We can handle the increase, we knew Charlie's condition was critical and the medical needs may change. Her organs are fine, she checks out okay, it's just that the length of time she was mistreated was long and took it's toll. It's a wonder she survived. She still continues to fight and improve. this puppy is a definite keeper!!!
Just a bot over the 1/3 mark. The amount requested is conservative, it may have to be raised. Just do what you can to help. This is a huge responsibility for only one or two people to take on, that's why we all need to pitch in. Once Charlie is well and has her heath, Helen will provide a safe and loving home for her, she'll never be know an unkindness again.
hoping she is still on the mend...
Just look at those new pictures! I sure hope by tomorrow morning her chances have risen to 110%! Such a wee thing, I'll never understand what possesses some people to put an innocent in such dire straights.
Charlie has tested negative for Parvo, tests also show no damage to her liver and kidneys. Her chances improve every hour.
Please help with the expenses to save this little pup. We have no idea where or how life failed her, but we do know the right people found her after she somehow made her way to the Community Center. She's putting up a good fight.