What is the A.U. Project?THE AKIA UWANDA PROJECT (A.U. Project)
mission is to spark hope in the lives of youth ages 6-18 through Art Education, Development and Awareness. Northeast Florida community and underserved kids will learn musical instruments, music production, film production, creative writing, voice, dance, visual art, graphic design, interior design, fashion design, public speaking, media relations, culinary and other art areas as they matriculate through programs in Entrepreneurship, Leadership, Personal and Professional Development with hopes of stimulating Cultural and Social change. Our initiatives are geared towards making a positive difference in the youths’ lives to produce sustainable results. It is a future goal for The A.U. Project to provide scholarships for higher learning institutes in various art areas as well. INITIATIVESSPARK IT UP
- The Spark It Up campaign provides lessons in various art areas enhancing the youth's cognition through the science of the arts.HEAL IT UP
- The Heal It Up campaign promotes hands on health and wellness activities with our A.U. Project program participants by initiating proper diet and exercise regimens, engagement in health screening by health professional partnerships, providing field trips to Abundant Harvest which introduces them to organic farming, and facilitation of seminars and forum with the youth and their families on health disparities plaguing our community (ie. mental illness, juvenile diabetes, and ADHD and more).BUILD IT UP
- The Build It Up campaign focuses on building character through Entrepreneurship, Leadership, Personal and Professional Development workshops our staff, volunteers, business and community partners.FUND IT UP
- The Fund It Up campaign provides scholarships to be involved in the A.U. Project, for higher education needs and other enrichment activities to students who fulfill artistic and academic requirements of the A.U. Project.GIVE IT UP
- The Give It Up campaign teaches kids how to give of themselves through volunteerism and community service which is a requirement of the A.U. Project.
“Our youth are truly our future. Encourage them to read and to be the best they can be. Stimulate their minds with intellectual conversations for they are smarter than you think. They may not understand everything you are saying at the moment but your impression will sparkle a flame in them when they need it the most. I feel that a genuine drive towards investing and nurturing a youth's natural talent and abilities can have a positive impact on them which can result in decreasing truancy and lessen the likelihood of them going to jail later in life. Teach them to be whole. Show them that they matter. Give them options. Exposure them to possibilities. Let’s help empower our future generations with tools to fulfill their God given purposes and create extraordinary leaders for the days to come. ” - Akia UwandaNote:
Our 501(c)3 status is in progress. We will have our non profit,tax exempt status in January 2016.
For more info, contact Akia Uwanda at 904-469-7511 or email at email@example.com.
LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE WITH AKIA UWANDA!
THANKS IN ADVANCE AGAIN!