Eileen's Breast cancer fight.

$33,160 of $115,000 goal

Raised by 199 people in 25 months

My cancer journey began on April 21, 2014. It was a day that will forever be buried in my mind. My gynecologist found the lump and sent me right away for mammogram, ultrasound and if needed; a biopsy. I was calm until I saw the radiologist come in and out of the office at least 3 times. I knew in my gut that something was wrong. When I asked her why they wanted to do a biopsy she said I see something worrisome. Those words turned my world upside down and everything after that was a whirlwind.
My breast cancer is labeled invasive ductal carcinoma Her2 positive.  Her2 positive is a very aggressive cancer.  I'll give you a quick snap shot of my treatment plan.

5 months of aggressive chemotherapy.
1 year of herceptin immunotherapy
Lumpectomy to see if it spread. (It did to 10 lymph nodes)
Decision to have bilateral mastectomy.
6 weeks of radiation

Did you get all that? Yes, tough time. All of that while trying to stay sane and raise my 3 young boys. At the time their ages were 9, 2 and 10 months.
How could this happen to me? A question I asked myself multiples times.
I was just adjusting to life after treatment,  my new normal as they say in the cancer world.  Physical therapy for my arm restriction and lymphedema, gaining my strength back.  The treatment in my case ended officially in July of 2015. Or at least I thought it did.

On a routine follow up with my oncologist she mentions that she was concerned with the color and texture of my skin.  At this point my skin on the affected breast was like a purplish color.  In my head I assumed this was radiation damage.  I went to see a dermatologist who performed a skin biopsy to check for an infection.  On September 22, 2015 my oncologist calls me to tell me I have a staph infection along with the return of my breast cancer that was found in my skin. What!!! How could this be!! I did everything you told me to do to lessen my chances of it returning. Why! Why is this cancer determined to kill me.  Needless to say I was devastated and felt like I was punched in my gut. All that ran through my head was I'm going to die!! This disease will kill me and steal me from my babies.
At this point, my decision was to try something else other than conventional treatments that were suppose to keep me cancer free. Please don't be offended about me being against chemotherapy because I understand it does work for some. It just didn't seem to work for me.
I chose an alternate route and worked with a wonderful human being by the name of Dr. Sam Chachoua. His technology is a gene therapy vaccine that repairs DNA. Disregard what you may read about him in the media. You're hearing it from a person that has met him and was treated by him and he is healing people. His therapy is not toxic and is putting cancer patients in remission. I continue to work with him and also have now added work with a naturopathic physician to help re build my immune system .
Cancer not only affects you physically it completely destroys your psyche and emotional state. It continues to be a rough road for me and my family but I have to remain strong. I have to survive this disease for my boys that need their momma around.

The costs for alternative therapies are out of pocket for me and I'm asking my friends and family for their assistance.

Thank you and God bless you all
Here's to the fight!!


+ Read More

Luckily i was leaving two days after the drainage back to new york so i could have it done there if i needed to. So i went home with a home protocol of dieting and 1 month supply of meds/supplements from CHIPSA. I had my brother rent me an oxygen tank for the plane ride home because i became somewhat dependent on oxygen while having the shortness of breath. We ordered the tank through a lovely lady named carol and her business ASHLEY MEDICAL (a private pay company). Luckily we found carol in the san diego area because apparently i dont qualify for an oxygen tank for my insurance to pay for which means that the tank we rented is being paid for out of pocket. Another expense added to all the others. After landing back in new york i went home to see my 3 boys and rest for a few hours, after a short nap i still wasnt feeling too good i was having major tightness in my chest and back. Once again on my first day back from the hospital in mexico i found myself in the local emergency room again. I didnt want to go because i just spent 3 1/2 weeks in a hospital in another country and now I was finally home and the same day im back in a brooklyn hospital? After a few test they discovered more fluid had built up in my right lung, i knew that it was likely which is why i wanted to have the catheter installed in mexico. They once again drained 2 liters of fluid and i also held out on the catheter but this time only because if i was going to have it installed i wanted it to be by the same surgeon who installed my left drain (because they also saw minor pockets of fluid in the left lung). So if anybody was going to touch the left side i would want it to be the person that did it initially and while there he can also install the right drain. So after stayin under the hospitals care for three days i returned home for a week under the constant care of my family and while being home felt great i still didnt feel as good as i couldve so on christmas day as hard as it was to be away from my kids i checked myself into LUTHERAN hospital to be monitored and given pain medications for the tightness on my chest and aches on my back. While there they discovered yet again (through an xray) that i developed more fluid in my right lung! Now this was going to be the third time id be getting the right side drained. Once in mexico, once in the emergency room on my first day back and now a third time a week later at lutheran! I couldnt believe how fast the fluid was accumulating. They drained 1.2 liters and this time i had the drain installed by the surgeon who did the left side. The installed drain not only drains the fluid for the moment but its routine drains also help promote no more fluid to produce as i am starting to see with my left side. In the beginning the left side was releasing 1-2 liters of fluid as well but after the drain was installed it became less and less. I am hoping now that i got the right drain installed we will start to see less fluid as well. Today was actually the first time it was drained manually (4th drain technically but first with the manual drain thats installed, not an incision drain which requires being poked every time) and another 1.2 liters of fluid was released!
Hopefully over the next week or two the installed drain will help decrease the amount of fluid being built up and i will start to see less like the left side. So to sum it up i currently have two drains installed to drain my lungs (one on each side) and i am currently at lutheran hospital for the past 5 days i am writing this update from the hospital bed. I should be getting discharged in another day or two and i will be getting back on my home protocol from CHIPSA and i will be speaking with my oncologist for more advice but in the meantime i am here because i feel more comfortable under the 24/7 care of the hospital due to anxiety and shortness of breath, also they are able to help with my pain. I also had a petscan done which i am awaiting the results for to see my current situation/status and I am nervous. I will be sharing that as well when the news arrives. As you can imagine i am swarmed with thoughts and decisions anything from reaching out with a text message to prayers and even the smallest donation can help. I can sit here and list my expenses but it would just be too much to think of and all it would do is stress me out which is no good for a person trying to heal. Lord knows i want to be there for my kids, i want to see them grow old and i want them to see me grow old as well. Any type of support is still support so dont be afraid to brighten someones day with even the most simplest of things. I want to thank everybody who has been helping me and the people who supported me through the toughest of times. I will try my best to update as i proceed through this battle not only for myself but to educate others and to let people know that where there is darkness there is light. Sincerely Eileen.
+ Read More

Hello everyone i figured i update you about my current situation and my 3 1/2 week stay at CHIPSA hospital in tijuana mexico. CHIPSA was nothing short of pleasant and an awesome learning experience. They got my immune system back up and running within the first week. My initial reason for going was because my biopsy results (from the rash on my back) came back positive for cancer cells, I also met two people personally who went to CHIPSA in their worst of times and came out healthy and even went into remission! They do alot of wonderful things there and they really do care. Things that show promise for cancer but the FDA didn't approve here in america (I wonder why?). While at CHIPSA i saw a major improvement in bloodwork and also had a sudden burst of energy. Between their immunotherapies (vaccines) and gerson therapy (strict diet and juicing) i was starting to feel slightly better. While on the diet which consists of no meat (protein) at all i started to retain alot of fluids. They have seen this in patients before being that i was drinking 13 juices a day and having no meat (protein) which helps spread fluids where they need to be. I was getting alot of potatoes as a source of protein but that wasnt cutting it. After the fluid retention they modified my diet and added minor fish and chicken to meals once a day to help spread fluids. In the following week i started feeling more and more out of breath and after talking with the doctor we decided to do a sonogram to make sure there wasnt any fluid in my stomach. It turned out that i was just bloated from all of the vegetable intake between food and juice which wasnt so bad to deal with, but while searching with the sonogram they found that i now developed fluid in my right lung! Now this was alarming being that i already had fluid in my left lung which was the origin side of the cancer. Now it being on the right side i cant help but think its starting to spread again. It started with my breast, then my left arm lymphedema (after lymph node removal), then my left lung built up fluid, then my back (rash) and now fluid in my right lung? Once again how can this be? I was starting to feel good in my mind and body and now another thing is trying to keep me down but i wont let it, i refuse to. After discovering the fluid in the right lung i instantly wanted to have it drained i figured if it was drained id feel instant relief from my shortness of breath. We scheduled the drainage and they got out 2 liters of fluid! The doctor said imagine a two liter soda packed in with your organs (which are already compiled as it is) its going to be shifting things around, pushing against your lungs and stomach. I definitely felt a major relief in my breathing but unfortunately i wasnt able to have a manual drain installed on my right side like i did my left side (which enables me to drain the fluid on my own whenever i feel some has accumulated) they didnt have the right catheter for the procedure at CHIPSA.
+ Read More
Vitamin C, B17 and k3 given through IV
+ Read More
It's been a while since I've updated and quite a bit has been going on. Since August I have known that I had a pleural effusion (fluid in the lungs) it wasn't causing any symptoms so the hope was that it would go away on its own with my natural treatments. In October I started to feel short of breath and it got to a point where I had to stop every few steps to catch my breath.
At the end of October I went to a local emergency room to have 2 liters of fluid drained from my lung. The doctors recommended i have a temporary drain placed until I resolve the fluid issue with my treatment. I underwent this painful surgery and now have a drain attached to my lung on left side until i can minimize fluid. On top of that i developed a painful rash on my back that would also not help shortness of breath and was very very painful. A small biopsy of this rash showed cancer cells. So that brings us to present. I've decided that I needed to take stronger action against my cancer. In my extensive research in the alternative world led me to CHIPSA hospital in tijuana mexico.
This hospital has helped many people who were in late stage cancer with their multitude of treatments. Im hoping to find my healing here.
I ask that everyone please continue to pray for me and donate if you could.

Thank you,
Baseline therapy is gerson 13 juices!!
+ Read More
Read a Previous Update
Be the first to leave a comment on this campaign.

$33,160 of $115,000 goal

Raised by 199 people in 25 months
Created August 30, 2016
Your share could be bringing in donations. Sign in to track your impact.
We will never post without your permission.
In the future, we'll let you know if your sharing brings in any donations.
We weren't able to connect your Facebook account. Please try again later.
16 months ago
19 months ago
19 months ago
19 months ago
19 months ago
Jacqueline Tamis-Holland
20 months ago

Eileen I miss you so much and think of you and your family all the time. I hope you look down on Richard Jr, Tyler, Richie and Charlie. What a beautiful family you have. I miss our little chats at the end of the busy office day. I miss talking about our children. We had so much of the same view on life. Family was all that mattered. I know you were everything to them too. Please take care of yours from heaven. I know that those little boys will go through their lives always having their own guardian angel at their side. God Bless you all. Love Jacqueline

Be the first to leave a comment on this campaign.
Use My Email Address
By continuing, you agree with the GoFundMe
terms and privacy policy
There's an issue with this Campaign Organizer's account. Our team has contacted them with the solution! Please ask them to sign in to GoFundMe and check their account. Return to Campaign

Are you ready for the next step?
Even a $5 donation can help!
Donate Now Not now
Connect on Facebook to keep track of how many donations your share brings.
We will never post on Facebook without your permission.