Grab Your Boobs Please
Tam has just been diagnosed with Stage 3 breast cancer and is only in her 30's.
Tam will need to undergo a mastectomy in the next 2 weeks and will need reconstructive surgery along with Chemotherapy.
The money raised will go to supporting her family during this time and to help with the cost of surgery.
I would be extremely grateful for any donations no matter how big or small.
This is becoming all too common in younger women around the world. I am sure we have all been touched by this in some way.
Women - don't forget to Grab Your Boobs Please #GYBP
So the update for Tamara one month following her diagnosis…..
It is now just over three weeks since surgery to remove the 3 tumours in her left breast. A mastectomy and 2nd stage axillary clearance (11 lymph nodes were removed).
Six months of chemotherapy begins next week – 29th June 2016, with the possibility of radiation therapy following that.
Tamara wants you to know exactly how all your very generous donations will be used during her treatment.
You can follow all Tamara’s progress on our Facebook community, ‘Grab Your Boobs Please’. We will have a pinned post on the page that will explain the reasoning behind the adjunct allied health treatments in detail and we’re always happy to answer any questions you may have.
Planned schedule of treatments and ‘equipment’ funded through this Go Fund Me campaign;
· Specialist exercise physiology training sessions after each chemotherapy session
· Targeted acupuncture treatments 1 to 2 days after each chemotherapy session
· Individually programmed and supervised reformer Pilates sessions towards the end of chemotherapy sessions
· Professionally fitted ‘form’ (boob prosthesis) for swimming and running. Not just for cosmetic purposes, these forms help to maintain correct balance and posture.
· Mastectomy bras to support both the form and the remaining boob for everyday wear and active wear.
· Tam’s tossing up the possibility of a wig although a few dollars for some scarves may just do the trick nicely.
· Above and beyond all, if Tamara is unable to work throughout her treatments due to timing and/or side effects, these dollars will be going to cover the costs of child care to maintain both the routine Zane and Inez know, and the need Tam will have to rest between treatments.
Thank you again from all of us, if there is only one thing you take away from reading this – Grab Your Boobs Please and pass that message on to everyone you know. You are never too young, too old, too healthy or too fit to become a cancer patient. If you notice any changes in or on your skin, see you GP ASAP. Early intervention will make a world of difference to you and your family. #GYBP
Thank you Tamara ❤️
Thank you Karen ❤️
Thank you Carissa ❤️
no worries at all Michelle its the least i can do send your friend our best wishes and a speedy recovery stay strong and fight hard xx
Thanks Jane ❤️
Thanks Grant ❤️
Thank you Sandra and Ben ❤️
Thank you Jennie ❤️
Thank you Steven ❤️
Thank you Rita ❤️
Thank you Tank and Ali ❤️
Thank you Anne ❤️
Thank you so very much Cathy ❤️❤️
Thank you so much Lisa ❤️