Sweepstakes – Official Rules
No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win This Sweepstakes.
- Eligibility: Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico and U.S. territories and possessions) who are 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees and agents of GoFundMe, Inc. (“Sponsor”), its affiliate companies, and all administrating companies or coordinating agencies for these Sweepstakes, and the immediate families of each, or persons living in the same household of such employees are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited by federal, state or local laws.
- Sweepstakes Period: Sweepstakes ends at 12:00:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on June 6, 2019 (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes consists of a series of random drawings from among entries received before the end of the Sweepstakes Period. GoFundMe’s server and computer clock is the official time-keeping device for these Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: You will be automatically entered when you complete the survey delivered to you, and fully completed and returned to Sponsor within the Sweepstakes Period.
- Consent to Use of Information: Participants consent to the business use of their personal information provided in connection with the Sweepstakes by Sponsor, its affiliate companies, including all use contemplated in the administration of this sweepstakes, the compliance with any requests for winner’s lists, and any publicizing of winners or sweepstakes generally, unless prohibited by law, as well as for the business uses of GoFundMe, Inc. as stated at https://www.gofundme.com/privacy. Winner further consents to Sponsor’s distribution of personal information, including the executed W9 if required, for the distribution of the prize and as set forth below. If you do not wish to receive any information from Sponsor and its affiliate companies, please unsubscribe by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prize & Approximate Retail Value: One $250 Amazon Gift Card (“Prize”). Total approximate retail value of the Prize is $250. The recipient of a Prize (a) is solely responsible for all taxes and expenses which are not included in the prize description above; and (b) shall bear any risk of loss or theft of the Prize. Prize is not transferable and not redeemable for cash.
- Random Drawing & Certain Restrictions: On or about June 10, 2019, one potential Prize winner will be selected by random drawing. The potential Winner will be notified by email on or about June 10, 2019, and must respond by June 12, 2019. In the event that a potential Prize Winner does not respond to the notification in the time set, is ineligible or forfeits Prize for any reason, such Prize will be forfeited. No effort will be made to re-award forfeited prizes. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying all local, state and federal taxes and any other expenses or costs relating to the Prize.
- Consumer Disclosure: Odds of Winning: Odds of winning a prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
- Additional Terms/General Release/Limitation of Liability/ Disputes: Sponsor may, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and in its sole and absolute discretion and without notice, modify, suspend, terminate, or cancel the Sweepstakes if fraud, technical problems, unauthorized intervention, legal requirements, or any factor beyond its reasonable control impairs the operation or integrity of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event of modification or termination of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor will, if feasible and within its sole discretion, select a potential Winner based on any non-suspect and salvageable entries received prior to the modification or termination as appropriate. Inclusion in any modified procedures shall be each participant’s sole and exclusive remedy under the circumstances. In no event will more than one Prize be awarded.
Use of a false email or other inaccurate entry information will disqualify an entry in the Sweepstakes upon discovery by Sponsor. ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY TAMPER WITH OR DAMAGE SPONSOR’S OPERATIONS, OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BY A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY YOU AND SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM YOU TO THE FULL EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW. Sponsor further reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; violates these Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner at any time during the Sweepstakes, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and to seek damages or other remedies to the full extent allowed by law.
Participants acknowledge that Sponsor and/or the other Released Entities (defined below) do not make, nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representation, express or implied, in fact or in law, relating to the quality, conditions, fitness for a particular purpose or merchantability of any aspect of the Sweepstakes or of the Prize. The Prize is awarded AS IS.
All participants acknowledge that the Released Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) entries that are lost, misdirected, altered, stolen, unintelligible, corrupted, incomplete, late, inaccurately transcribed, undeliverable, or otherwise not in compliance with these rules; (ii) any act, failure to act, delay, negligence, or error relating to the transmitting or processing of entries; (iii) telecommunications network, phone system, computer system, hardware, or software malfunctions, failure, disconnection, data loss, or other difficulties of any kind, including but not limited to any injury or damage to a participant’s or other person’s computer or mobile device related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes, or accessing or downloading materials relating to the Sweepstakes; (iv) any causes, events, or conditions beyond the reasonable control of the Released Entities that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; (v) any losses, injuries, or damages of any kind resulting directly or indirectly from participation in the Sweepstakes and/or acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize awarded in the Sweepstakes or any prize-related activity; or (vi) any printing or typographical errors in any materials relating to the Sweepstakes.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ALL PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO AND HEREBY DO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, AND EACH OF ITS AFFILIATES, AND ANY PARTNERS, DISTRIBUTORS, DEALERS, LEGAL COUNSEL, WEBSITE PROVIDERS, ADMINISTRATORS, INCLUDING NATIONAL SWEEPSTAKES COMPANY, LLC, SOCIAL MEDIA SITES (AND THEIR RELATED COMPANIES), ADVERTISING PLATFORMS, MARKETING COMPANIES, PRIZE PROVIDERS, VENDORS, AND THE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, AND EMPLOYEES OF ALL SUCH COMPANIES (COLLECTIVELY “THE RELEASED ENTITIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS, AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, OR ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE/MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE OR PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGES, DEFAMATION, INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, AND CLAIMS BASED ON THE RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY AND PRIVACY.
YOU FURTHER WAIVE ANY AND ALL RIGHTS UNDER SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, WHICH PROVIDES AS FOLLOWS: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER, WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.”
Notwithstanding the foregoing, if the preceding releases are determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or void for any reason, participant agrees that (a) this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, regardless of principles of conflicts of laws; (b) any dispute, action or litigation concerning this Sweepstakes shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in Alameda County, California; and (c) participant expressly consents to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waives all defenses relating to jurisdiction or venue in such courts.
IN ADDITION, BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED AND ASSOCIATED WITH PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. PARTICIPANT WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEYS’ FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, MULTIPLIED, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF PARTICIPANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO ALL PARTICIPANTS.
- Winners List: For a list of winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to “Sweepstakes”, GoFundMe, Inc., 855 Jefferson Ave., P.O. Box 1329, Redwood City, CA 94063. Requests must be received by November 30, 2019.
- Administration of Sweepstakes: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by GoFundMe, Inc., with an address at 855 Jefferson Ave., P.O. Box 1329, Redwood City, CA 94063. As it relates to the Sweepstakes, GoFundMe, Inc. may be contacted at GoFundMe, Inc. “Sweepstakes”, 855 Jefferson Ave., P.O. Box 1329, Redwood City, CA 94063.
All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.