Fundrazr vs GoFundMe: Which Platform Is Best for You?
Crowdfunding can be an amazing way to take action for causes you care about and support individuals in their times of crisis. To raise money quickly, efficiently, and securely we have created the ultimate crowdfunding platform comparison for Fundrazr vs GoFundMe. From pricing models to fundraising bells and whistles – find the best crowdfunding platform for your needs.
Comparing Pricing Between GoFundMe and Fundrazr
Whether you are fundraising for yourself or someone else, one of the most important things, when comparing GoFundMe and Fundrazr, is understanding the crowdfunding platform fees. The last thing you want to do after raising money is to hand over a large cut of your hard earned fundraising to the platform.
There are two main types of crowdfunding platform fees to keep an eye out for.
- Platform Fee: This is the cost associated with using the platform; generally taken as a percentage of the money raised.
- Payment Processing Fee: This is what you pay the credit card payment processor to securely process and complete credit card transactions. The fee is typically charged per transaction.
Fundrazr’s platform fee can be broken into three pricing structures:
- The most stripped-down level of fundraising is their ‘free’ model. This has a 0% platform fee for organizers. Standard payment processing fees apply for their model.
- Their ‘standard’ level of fundraising takes a 5% platform fee which is deducted from the donations. Standard payment processing fees apply for their standard model.
- Their third pricing structure is for their ‘Pro’ level. This is customized pricing based on needs as an organization. The cost can be either covered by donors or the fundraisers. The payment processing fees are incorporated into the platform fee.
Fundrazr’s payment processing fee is 2.9% + $.30 per transaction.
With GoFundMe’s 0% platform fee for organizers, it is to start and run a campaign on GoFundMe. The platform operates in Canada, US, Australia, the UK, and a number of European countries. A standard payment processing fee of 2.9% + $.30 per transaction applies. See all the pricing structures here.
Where can I fundraise?
Whether you are fundraising for yourself, your community, or global movements – it is important to know which countries you can fundraise for and launch campaigns in. Inspiring causes can take you around the world, these are the countries you can raise money for:
Donations on Fundrazr can be collected in 25 countries and they operate in international markets that can process Stripe or PayPal.
GoFundMe operates in 19 countries. The campaign must be started in one of the listed countries and the beneficiary must meet the withdrawal criteria of each country. See the full list of countries.
Evaluating the fund withdrawal differences
On Fundrazr, there are two ways you can withdraw funds, depending on what type of fundraiser you are running.
- The ‘Keep It All’ campaign means that once funds are verified by the payment processor, they can be made available to the beneficiary. Fundrazr does not explicitly share how long the transfer of funds takes.
- The ‘All or Nothing’ campaign means that donors are not charged until the goal is met. Once, the goal is met the same withdrawal process applies as above.
GoFundMe simplifies fundraising, making it easier than ever to quickly and effectively raise money. It is important to note that GoFundMe never handles or holds the money you raise, donations are held with our third-party payment processor.
You can initiate withdrawals at any point in your campaign progress, no matter where you stand with your goal. And once the beneficiary meets the requirements, it is only a matter of minutes to set up withdrawals.
- If you are raising money for yourself, you will be instructed to verify some personal information and set up your bank account information.
- If you are raising money for someone else, GoFundMe will direct you to send an email invitation to the person designated to withdraw the funds and instruct them to add their banking information.
Once you are set up for withdrawals, you will receive the funds to your bank account in 2-5 business days. You can also schedule the frequency for withdrawals to daily, weekly, or monthly transfers to your bank account.
Staying safe giving and fundraising online
On Fundrazr, you have the ability to report a campaign if you see something suspicious. In the case that you donated to a campaign and are making a claim for a refund, Fundrazr notes that you must go through the payment processor’s support team.
Safety is a top priority at GoFundMe. With GoFundMe’s first and only guarantee in the industry, we protect our community of over 50 million users and ensure everyone feels confident to give. Here are a few ways that GoFundMe stays secure:
The GoFundMe Guarantee protects your generosity. If GoFundMe or law enforcement finds that funds on a campaign have been misused, donors are fully protected and will get their money back.
Trust & Safety Team:
GoFundMe has a dedicated Trust & Safety team working around the clock to keep the platform safe. In addition to the team of experts, we deploy proprietary technical tools and have multiple processes in place to verify the identity of campaign organizers and the beneficiary of the campaign.
See something that is not right? Our community has the power to report when they see something they think might not be right, and our team looks into it.
Fundrazr vs GoFundMe fundraising features
- Fundrazr’s basic model includes:
- Customizable fundraising pages
- Social media sharing
- Flexible privacy settings
- Unlimited users and pages
- Fundrazr’s standard and pro-level (5%+ platform fee)
- Customized tax receipts
- Email lists and donor reporting
- CRM integration
- Recurring donations
- GoFundMe’s fundraising offers:
- Customizable fundraising pages that enable users to powerfully tell their story, through text, images, videos, updates, and on their favourite social media channels.
- Bring your community together and raise a lot of money with team fundraising. Team fundraising Inspires a little competition with leaderboards and helps you effectively manage team members.
- GoFundMe partnered with PayPal Giving Fund to seamlessly fundraise for registered charities. Choose from thousands of charities, simply start a campaign and funds will automatically be delivered to your charity with donors receiving a tax credit receipt.
- GoFundMes mobile app lets you tap into the mobile-first generation and easily edit and manage your campaign right at your fingertips.
- GoFundMe’s resource centre provides extensive fundraising tips, everything from launching campaigns for your pet in need to starting a global movement.
- 24/7 customer support and dedicated fundraising experts are there when you need them most.
- GoFundMe’s fundraising offers:
Get started today
After reading the ultimate guide to Fundrazr vs GoFundMe and armed with the know-how to launch a successful fundraiser. Starting a fundraiser only takes a few minutes and it’s to get started.