Every fundraiser on this page has been verified by our Trust & Safety experts.
Turkey and Syria Earthquake: How to Help
On February 6, a 7.8 magnitude earthquake affected thousands across Turkey and Syria. The GoFundMe community is coming together to support the people and charities raising money to provide relief for the individuals and families affected. Help today by donating to verified Turkey and Syria earthquake fundraisers.
Our Trust & Safety team reviews and verifies fundraisers to help ensure funds go to the correct recipients. We also take steps to verify that donors and organisers act in compliance with international laws and financial regulations.
Verified fundraisers by Australians helping those affected by the Turkey and Syria Earthquake
Donate to one of the verified fundraisers below to help the individuals and families affected.
Verified fundraisers from around the world
Explore verified fundraisers from around the world to help the individuals and families affected below.
Here are three fast and safe ways you can help people in Turkey and Syria
- Donate to a verified fundraiser that supports relief efforts. Our Trust & Safety team has verified the fundraisers on this centralised hub and will continue to add verified fundraisers to it as more become available.
- Start a certified charity fundraiser for a verified charity providing critical support to those affected by the earthquake in Turkey and Syria.
- Start an individual fundraiser for an impacted friend or family member, subject to review by our Trust & Safety team.
While we accept donations worldwide, only people in supported countries can start fundraisers for their friends and family members. We understand that many diaspora communities want to start fundraisers and transfer money directly to those impacted. To help our team complete this process as quickly as possible, please include the following in your fundraiser description:
- Who you’re raising money for
- Where your beneficiary is located
- How they will use the funds raised
- How you will deliver funds to your beneficiary
For example, if it is a fundraiser to support medical aid for your family in Turkey, please include those details in your description.
Our Trust & Safety team is carefully reviewing fundraisers related to this crisis. This is an important step to help ensure the fundraiser is compliant with the evolving regulations, international laws, strictly enforced policies from our payment partners, and our Terms of Service. It’s also important that we protect the generosity of all donors by taking steps to help ensure that any funds raised on GoFundMe can be delivered as intended by the organiser.