Please continue to pray for this family in their time of need! Share this page and donate if you can. Ashton was perfectly fine one minute and the next, he wasn't.
This could happen to any child, no mistakes were made and there wasn't an accident. It's kind of scary to think of what can happen.
The Dr's attempted to take the breathing tube out on Friday, it didn't go so well so they had to put in a new one in. But, they were able to take the drain tube out of his head on Saturday because his cranial pressure is stable. Now they just have to wait for the swelling in his airways to go down so they can remove the second breathing tube successfully. His temperature has been down Saturday and Sunday.
Right now they are battling his swollen airway, if the swelling doesn't go down they will have to put in a trach. They can remove the tube when he's awake but he is sedated due to his high anxiety. He is so scared that they had to sedate him to replace the new tube. They won't know until tomorrow after the ENT consult if he has to have a trach or not.
Yes, Lori and Billy have been explaining to him what is going on but he's been so confused from the meds, they aren't sure how much he's actually understanding. He's very shaky, anxious and nervous so the Dr's have had to give him a lot of meds to keep him pretty sedated and calm.