Going to switch the direction of this fund raising effort in the short term to try and defray the costs for Team T-Shirts for the East Coast Team and Supporters that are a part of TeamUSA this year. There are 29 of us. They are. Cost of shirts is $580 ($20 per shirt). Current donations to the shirts are $135. Number currently reflect on the site includes prior donations to me so out of the current $450, $135 is for shirts. Looking to raise as close to $580 as possible to reduce out of pocket costs for the guys and gals.
1. Alric O'Connor- Fighter (Atlantia)
2. Kel Dalton Support (Atlantia)
3. Catlin Brooks Fighter (East)
4. Scott Stricklin Fighter (Atlantia)
5. Maria Dedvukaj Support (East)
6. Bryan Cannata Fighter (Atlantia)
7. Debbie Minyard Support (Atlantia)
8. Jaye Brooks Fighter (East)
9. Jana Brooks Support (East)
10. Anne Gates Support (East)
11. Zorikh Lequidre Fighter (East)
12.Trey Sutter Fighter (Atlantia)
13. Janine Sutter (Support) MED
14. Michael Ivey Fighter (Meridies)
15. Pam Ivey Support (Meridies)
16. Arthur Donadio Fighter (Atlantia)
17. Patricia Do...nadio (Support) MED
18. Greg Fabic Fighter (Atlantia)
19. Sherri Fabic (Support)
20. John Hill Fighter (East)
21. Stephen Terrell Fighter (Atlantia)
22. Grettir T Slow Support (Aethelmearc)
23. Dave Olsen Fighter (East)
24. Don Brant Fighter (Aethelmearc)
25. Kati Takis Support (East)
26. Mark Schrader Support (East)
27. Sonny Reid Support (East)
28. Jocelyn Schreiber Support (East)
29. Bob Dionisio Fighter (East/Atlantia)
My name is Bob Dionisio and I am a member of the 2013 United States team that will be representing our Country in the most intense form of Medieval Sport Combat on the face of the planet.
Team USA and I will be traveling to France in three months to compete in the Battle of Nations , an international, full contact with steel weapons, no holds barred, western martial arts competition and festival. Last year was the first year America sent a team, I was on that Team thanks to many of you donating to me last year. Last year they laughed at the Americans. They thought we would be a push over. Last year Team USA came in fourth. This year we want to win it all.
Unfortunately being a Knight in armor is not cheep, no matter what century you live in. The weapons, armor, travel costs, and lodging add up quickly. The average competitor here in the U.S. spends close to $8,000.0 of personal funds just to represent America. This is a young sport in the United States and corporate sponsorships are slow.
In effort to help defer some of the costs I am following the centuries old practice of seeking patrons to help me on my quest. Any thing you can contribute will be greatly appreciated. This year there will be twenty six countries participating. With your help ,hard work and a bit of luck your Team USA can fight to the top and bring home victory.
We all do this out of love for the sport and love for our country. Please help us on our Quest
Besides coming in fourth last year TeamUSA did a few other things. We showed the other countries what American values were like, we brought sportsmanship and a showed them some of the tradations of our culture in the SCA (those of you who are in it) and we also led the way for many of the other Western Teams that are now showing up this year (well except for Team Quebec who had attended in past years).
For more information and news about the Armored Combat League and the Battle of the Nations please go to,WWW.USAKNIGHTS.ORG