A year and less than an hour ago today was the last time I heard my boy's voice. At this time last year I was waiting in that little room waiting for the doctor to come and tell me he was going to be okay. I had no idea they would be telling me he had gone in to cardiac arrest from anaphylaxis and and that it took them more than 12 minutes to resuscitate him and that he would have to be in a medically induced coma. After 3 weeks he never did come out of the coma. If I would have Epi'd right at the moment we knew he just ate his allergen, there is a big possibility he would still be here! But I didn't know. That wasn't what our doctor had told us. "Give benadryl and wait. If things get worse then give Epi, hopefully you will not have to give Epi since then we would have to worry about other complications on the heart from the Epi."
Please don't let this be you! Listen to my words, our story.
"ANTIHISTIMINES DO NOT TREAT ANAPHYLAXIS AND HAVE NO LIFE SAVING CAPACITY - IF AN ANPHYLACTIC REACTION IS OCCURING, GIVE EPINEPHRINE IMMEDIATELY AND CALL 911." http://blog.foodallergy.org/.../know-the-difference.../
Vivian Stock-hendel posted this earlier;
This is from the recent Ana conference Dr.Wallace: Speaking about what the role of anti-histamines are in anaphilaxis, "Antihistimines are what you give to reduce itching and hives while you watch the patient die of anaphylaxis"
Please donate and help me in my journey of raising awareness and hope of saving a life from life threatening food allergies.