We have ANOTHER list of fundraisers for Mrs. Paisley's fund! How exciting!
March 11th "“ 10am to 4pm - Blood Drive for Paisley Mae at Fire Station 311, 16200 Desert Knoll Drive, Victorville.
March 11th "“ 4pm to closing at La Casita on Main Street in Hesperia. All proceeds go to Paisley!
March 13th "“ 4pm to 7pm "“ Shear-N-Dipity Hair and Nail Studio, 760.244.3000 - 16330 Walnut St. Hesperia "“ The stylists have agreed to donate all proceeds collected, and client-donated bags will be sold for donations.
April 7th - 9am to 5pm "“ Bella Mia, 760.947.2712 - 16727 Bear Valley Road, Suite 170, Hesperia "“ All proceeds go to Paisley Mae!
Update 03/06/13: All of Paisley's chest drains have been removed and incisions are healing well. She has been placed on a NAVA ventilator which detects diaphragmatic muscular excitation and assists her respirations when needed, opposed to the traditional ventilator that sets a fixed rate of respirations. This new ventilator allows her to strengthen her muscles and lungs so that extubation will be easier on her. As much as we miss the sound of her voice/cry, we must remind ourselves to be patient. We are holding up ok and find comfort in knowing that this is all part of God's plan in our lives.
Update 03/04/13: Our Paisley remains to be just as feisty as she was before all of this began. Every opportunity she gets to grab IV lines or her breathing tube, she goes for it! They are removing her final chest tube today and are still weaning her off the ventilator, so hopefully tomorrow they will extubate her and we will get to hear her voice again.
Update 02/26/13: After yesterday's semi-successful surgery, we didn't quite know what to expect this morning, considering Paisley was still on ECMO and the Berlin Heart, and dealing with hemorrhaging lungs. We were greeted by the Dr.'s telling us "she continues to amaze us everyday" as we walked into her room. Her lungs cleared up enough to now be completely off of ECMO. She is doing well on the ventilator and Berlin Heart and the Dr.'s are "very encouraged" at how resilient our Paisley is. She has never ceased to amaze us. She is our hero.
Update 2/25/13: A very long day today...the Berlin Heart was placed very routinely and functioned great. When they moved on to remove Paisley from ECMO, her lungs could not be supported by the ventilator alone, due to a sudden inflammatory response in her lungs, causing unanticipated hemorrhage. The surgeons decided to place Paisley back on ECMO, now to only support her lung function. This was an unforeseen set-back, however; the Dr's are optimistic that the lungs will heal over the next few days. The problem is now, being on ECMO requires a lot more anticoagulant therapy, and with such a major surgery, bleeding is a concern anyway, now intensified. Your continued love and support is a huge reason we are making it through this. Thank you.
If you would like to follow Paisley's story and further updates, please "like" her page on Facebook, "Change of Heart for Paisley Mae".
We did it; we met our goal! Thank you so very much to everyone who has donated and shared Paisley's story! BUT WE DON'T HAVE TO STOP HERE! Let's continue sharing the information and supporting the Arnold Family! You all are so great! Thank you!
Update 02/21/13: Paisley had a significant bradycardic event last night to the point that chest compressions needed to be done. She stabilized within a few minutes and after a couple doses of epi. Because of that event, the doctors would like to place a Berlin Heart on Monday. (An external heart device) If things deteriorate between now and Monday, they will place her on ECMO. (A machine that bypasses the heart and oxygenates the blood, and distributes it throughout the body) The Berlin Heart will, God willing, buy us a little more time. We appreciate everyone's love and support.
Update 02/23/13: Paisley was placed on ECMO yesterday. She had gotten worse over the past few days. We are still planning for The Berlin Heart to be put in on Monday, although the ideal situation would be for a heart to become available. Please keep praying for our baby girl!
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not rely on your own understanding; think about Him in all your ways, and He will guide you on the right paths." Proverbs 3:5-6
On Valentine's Day, Mommy Charity and Daddy Rick took Paisley in for her 4 month check-up. She had been wheezing on and off since she was born, and every time they addressed the doctor about it before, she chalked it up to one thing or another, not really taking it seriously.
The Arnold Family checked into LLUMC on 2/15/13 and were told on 2/21/2013 that Paisley has an enlarged heart due to not having a left coronary artery. There is no operation to fix this and she will need a heart transplant. They have a very long road ahead of them and need all the prayers and support they can get! We are asking for you donations (of any amount..even $1 helps!) to offset any costs forced upon the Arnold Family at this distressful time.
Campaign Not Ready
There's an issue with this Campaign Organizer's account.
Our team has contacted them with the solution, it's a simple fix!
Please ask them to sign in to GoFundMe and check their account.