Hamilton PAWS (Hamiltonpaws.ca)
Hamilton PAWS was also committed to developing collaborations and partnerships that would create positive change in related concerns such as: access to pet food for people experiencing financial hardship and affordable pet health care options for those currently on a fixed income.
Our vision continues to focus on actions that will also promote community health and well-being.
Over the past 7 years Hamilton PAWS has seen much success and has been able to provide the following services:
• Funds for professional kenneling so that people would have safe care for their animal companions, while they accessed essential health, housing or crisis care services
• Coordination and 24hr support for volunteers that provide free temporary foster care homes for companion animals
• Funds for veterinarian services that are required for animal companions to enter foster care or kennel
• Free transportation of animal companions going into fostering or kennel
• Support to frontline workers in various community agencies to provide education of resources and problem solving in complex situations that included animal companions
• Additional resources for access to free pet food for those in financial need
• Providing space and support to Community Veterinarian Outreach to operate regular preventative pet care clinics in Hamilton for low income individuals
• Online resources and education for social services and the community
Hamilton PAWS does not currently receive funding and relies solely on the generosity of our partners, volunteers and supporters. We are very grateful for this and would not have been able to provide these services without your support.
Thank you for your help!
Please see our website to learn more
*If you require a tax receipt please donate through our website at http://hamiltonpaws.ca via CanadaHelps.
Please remember to choose HamiltonPAWS in the drop down menu.
HamiltonPAWS operates under the charitable registration number of Hamilton Housing Help Centre.