WUFF #6 Needs YOU!
The Winnipeg Underground Film Festival is heading into our 6th year and we need your help!
WUFF is an annual not-for-profit showcase for contemporary experimental film and video art from Winnipeg and around the world. Beyond our goal of bringing some of the best cinema in the world to Winnipeg, the WUFF team is committed to making sure that all artists featured at our show are paid for their work, and to maintaining a platform that is accessible for everyone to enter. For the last several years, WUFF has received funding from the Manitoba Arts Council to help us make this happen. Unfortunately, WUFF does not have this funding going into 2018, so we're looking to our community for some support! In addition to helping us continue to bring some of the best experimental films and videos in the world to Winnipeg, your donation to WUFF will:
- Help us ensure that all artists featured at WUFF 6 are paid screening fees at IMAA rates for their work
- Allow us to keep our festival free for everyone to enter
- Help us minimize out-of-pocket expenses for our all-volunteer team
As a token of our appreciation, we'll be sending individuals who donate to WUFF 6 exclusive links to see new work by some of our favourite filmmakers - starting with Jesse McLean's latest video, Wherever You Go, There We Are, which recently premiered at the New York Film Festival!
AND if you make a donation at the following price points, you'll receive one of these great WUFF rewards!
$40 - Three avant-garde film badges designed by Sebastian di Trolio, plus a WUFF postcard and acknowledgment in our program!
$60 - An official WUFF Tote Bag, plus a WUFF postcard and acknowledgment in our program!
$80 - An official WUFF T-Shirt, plus a WUFF postcard and acknowledgment in our program!
$100 - A one-of-a-kind 16mm laser-printed loop custom made by WUFF organizer and experimental filmmaker Scott Fitzpatrick, plus a WUFF postcard and acknowledgment in our program!
$101 - One of twenty colour 16mm loops from WUFF organizer and experimental filmmaker Aaron Zeghers' expanded cinema performance "Everything Turns," plus a WUFF postcard and acknowledgment in our program!
(while supplies last - we'll note if/when we run out!)
**UPDATE!: It only took us three days to reach our initial goal of $3,000! THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE WHO MADE THIS POSSIBLE!! - - We're keeping the campaign open a while longer, and have increased our goal to $6,000, to match the amount we received from the Manitoba Arts Council to put on our show last year. Shoot for the stars!
Making a donation to WUFF 6 puts money directly into the pockets of independent filmmakers - please consider making a donation today!
If you would rather make a donation to WUFF through PayPal click here!
WUFF 6 will take place Summer, 2018.
1. Not only is our GoFundMe campaign still open, so is our annual call for entry! If you're a filmmaker with work you'd like to share with us, visit www.winnipeguff.com to submit!
2. In the interest of total transparency, we want to let all our donors know that the funds raised through this campaign will be withdrawn to a personal banking account under our Programming Director, Scott Fitzpatrick's name. After this withdrawal, Scott will issue a check to our Open City Cinema banking account, which will be used to administer all funds for WUFF 6. All funds raised will go toward filmmaker screening fees and venue rental. If you have any questions about this or anything else, don't hesitate to drop us a line at email@example.com
3. Thanks again for all your support!
Our campaign is going to stay open for while longer, and we've increased our goal to $6,000. This might seem like a lofty goal, but this is how much we received from the Manitoba Arts Council last year for our festival, which allowed us to present work by over 60 different filmmakers. Shoot for the stars!
Thanks again to everyone who has donated so far! Your support for underground cinema and independent filmmakers is truly inspiring - it means the world to us.
See you in the summer!
xoxo - SF.