Thanks for taking the time to visit our page, and consider our initiative.
#WarmerTogether_Jo is an initiative based in Jordan, which aims to raise funds for refugees living in the Gaza Camp in Jordan this winter. It is run by Amira Owaynat and Natalia Papadopoulou. Natalia, who studies in London, is the one who is in charge of withdrawing the funds into her British bank account.
Our goal is simple: we don't want anybody feeling cold this winter. With the funds YOU help us raise, we will accommodate to requests for new roofs, blankets, heaters, clothes and shoes.
Many of the refugee camps in Jordan were built between 1948-1967, meaning the infrastructure is very poor and prone to weak insulation on cold days, leakages on rainy/snowy days, and in the case of the presence of Asbestos roofs (which are still present in certain camps), lung cancer is, unfortunately, a threat too.
The usual procedure between raising the funds on GoFundMe and delivering the materials is the following;
1. The money is being sent directly to Natalia's bank account, who will personally be withdrawing ALL funds from her British bank account.
2. Prior to visiting the camp, the funds are withdrawn into cash in the local currency, Jordanian Dinars.
3. We visit the refugee camp to see what specific individuals and families need (we've written a list of the families needs which are shared in the updates and comments below). We do this together with a teacher who lives in the camp named Mahmoud Hajjaj, who is a refugee himself and who Natalia has been working with for 5 years now on humanitarian projects as such.
4. When the time comes to disburse the funds outside of GoFundMe, Amira & Natalia take the money directly to the shops from which the needed materials are bought (we never give the money away, we buy all materials to ensure that the money isn't being spent on anything else). We buy products from the refugee camp itself to support their local businesses, which in turn will allow the money to circulate within the families of the refugee camp.
5. We keep track of all receipts and expenses to provide to our donors, if needed.
6. We take pictures of the whole process to provide our donors with. Yes, ALL donors will be provided with photos of the positive impact they've made! :)
The #WarmerTogether_Jo rescue team hope to raise funds by Sunday, December 16th, in order to distribute all materials accordingly before the weather gets too cold.
*********OUR LAST TRIP BEFORE THE NEW YEAR WILL TAKE PLACE ON TUESDAY, THE 18TH. All funds that are collected otherwise will be donated after January 4th, and before January 12th.
****Please refer to the "comments" section of the campaign to see before/after pictures thus far, as well as the final breakdown of expenses which show what we have done so far! ****
We are still in absolute awe of how many families we are able to help this year thanks to all your donations.
In the last 18 hours, we've seen a great deal of support come our way on this page thanks to yesterday's successful trip to the Gaza Camp with the renowned influencer, Hannah Rasekh.
Over the course of the last two weeks, we've visited the Gaza Camp a couple of times, dropping off a bus full of clothing donations we've received, visiting the most needy families in the camp, and making lists of their needs (can be found in the pictures). During yesterday's trip, we took the first round of donations: 2,790 Jordanian Dinars, to start covering the expenses listed on the papers.
Due to the unexpected amount we've raised in less than 24 hours, we will be making new lists with the families and expenses that we will be helping next week on December 18th, and then between January 4th and 12th.
We are beyond thrilled for your support, and we cannot wait to show you just how many families you've saved from freezing this winter.
1. #WarmerTogether is now in collaboration with Naua, a non-profit initiative under the umbrella of the Crown Prince Foundation. More information on this can be found here: https://bit.ly/2DGabpY
2. Next week, we will begin visiting the camps with the first round of donations. We will take pictures of the homes and families that YOUR money will be helping and will send them your way soon after.
3. We are so grateful to all of you for helping us exceed our goal of GBP 2,000, and we hope that after the first round of donations, we will be able to raise even more and grow our community of #WarmerTogether donors.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do feel free to e-mail email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org :)