The Whiskey Rebellion Festival!
HELP US KEEP THE WHISKEY REBELLION FESTIVAL FREE TO THE PUBLIC!
The Whiskey Rebellion Festival (July 6 - 9, 2017) is a FREE 4-day festival in Washington, Pennsylvania that celebrates the unique frontier history, heritage and culture of Western Pennsylvania and showcases the role of the Whiskey Rebellion played in shaping American history.
Open to the public, the festival is packed with historical re-enactments, children’s activities, frontier arts and crafts, national musical acts, food and beverage vendors, and a number of other offerings that will delight and entertain young and old alike!
For more information about the festival, scroll down or go to www.whiskeyrebellionfestival.com.
Why your support matters:
Although we have a number of faithful and generous sponsors, it takes a lot to provide 4 days of entertainment, and we are experiencing a funding shortfall this year. The Whiskey Rebellion Festival is run entirely by volunteers, so all of the contributions we receive fund the costs of providing free events to the community (not to pay salaries or administrative costs).
We would be extremely grateful for donations of any size! Donations of $50 or more receive special rewards.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
About the Whiskey Rebellion Festival
Here are just some of the activities you and your family can enjoy at the Festival. Go to www.whiskeyrebellionfestival.com to learn more, or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
THURSDAY, JULY 6 - Main Street Community Pavilion
* The Rebel Health Fair presented by the Washington Health System at the Main Street Farmers Market will offer fun and informative healthy lifestyle presentations.
* The Washington Symphony Orchestra and The Washington Festival Chorale will perform a rousing program of patriotic music.
FRIDAY, JULY 7 - Main Street Community Pavilion
* Blues, Brews and BBQ Night – Enjoy a free concert featuring music by Matt's Blues, MSG Acoustic Blues and TAS Cru, with barbeque, beer, and spirits served by local purveyors.
SATURDAY, JULY 8
The Grand Celebration on Saturday goes from morning till night and has something for everyone in your family! Here are a few highlights:
* The Community Parade through Washington's Downtown, featuring marching bands, entertainers and historical reenactors.
* Historical Re-enactments depicting the historic events of the Whiskey Rebellion that took place in Washington County - on Main Street and at the Washington Park Historic Fort Site. Plus, free tours of the Bradford House Museum and the LeMoyne House. These events culminate with a one-of-a-kind “tar and feathering."
* Lil' Rebels Heritage Area - entertainment and activities for the kids in Madeline's Garden at the LeMoyne House, a National Historic Landmark.
* The Mercantile where you can shop for one of a kind artisan crafts.
* Free musical performances all day by local and nationally known artists, and capped off by a free evening concert by Well Strung, The Steel City Rovers, and Frank Solivan & Dirty Kitchen.
* And, an Amazing Fireworks Finale!
SUNDAY, JULY 9
*Enjoy more re-enactments and demonstrations at the Washington County Historical Society’s Frontier Fort in Washington Park.
*Join the community for a non-denominational 18th Century style worship service under the Main Street Pavilion, followed by a community social.