21
21
6

Stella needs back surgery!

$2,000 goal

Campaign created 6 months ago
No Longer Accepting Donations
 Share on Facebook
30586602_1528924464155498_r.jpeg30586602_1528924544664198_r.jpeg30586602_152892466484944_r.jpeg30586602_1528924694459083_r.jpeg30586602_1528924739605952_r.jpegNearly a month ago, our beautiful 3 year old french bulldog Stella began showing signs of pain. Our vets were unable to determine where the pain was coming from and we spent weeks in and out of the clinic. Two nights ago, Stellie started showing weakness and coordination deficits in her hind end. A CT today showed what we suspected- a blown disc. I have been told by two boarded surgeons that she needs surgery as soon as possible. 
I'm a single mom with two kids and Stella is a part of our family. Euthanasia isn't an option but surgery isn't something I can afford, so I'm asking for help. Stella is by far the sweetest dog I have ever met. She is so loving and despite all the testing and poking and prodding that's been done at the vet these last weeks, she lights up every time someone opens her cage- always ready for Stellie smooches.  There is not a soul in this world that doesn't fall in love with her the moment they meet her. 

Please, even the tiniest donation will help Stella. Our family thanks you.
+ Read More
Hi All,
I thought we were all set with refunds last month but it didn't happen- I just put in another request. They have confirmed that it will happen in 3 to 5 days. I apologize for the delay!
Abbey
+ Read More
UPDATE!
I'm sorry it's been so long since I've updated you all! It's been a busy time with a work trip and car accident mixed in. Big news though- STELLA IS DOING REALLY WELL! So well in fact that I have had a very hard time keeping her quiet like I'm supposed to do. She even caught a rabbit in the yard the other day (full disclosure: it got stuck in the fence so really it caught its self). The bunny did get away, but not without a chuck of her left butt cheek missing. I spent quite a while talking with the surgeon over the last week and after yelling at me about the fact that Stella is doing too much, he suggested we put off surgery indefinitely. She is a very high risk anesthesia patient, and nobody is quite sure what will happen when and if she is anesthetized again. She is happy and pain free right now, and her risk of another adverse event under anesthesia is really high. I'm not going to risk putting her under anesthesia until we absolutely have to. We know her back isn't good and that she has a disk protruding at L1/L2. This means that the disks on either side of this junction are now weakened and at risk as well. What we don't know is if and when she will have another crisis. It may happen next week, next month, or never. It may happen and cause a moderate amount of pain, or it may happen and completely paralyze her hind end. We won't know until it happens.
So, with that being said, we are going to think positively and the first step is to return all of the donations we have received. I'm not entirely sure of what that entails, but I don't think it's difficult. I can't tell you all how much I appreciate your kindness, love, and generosity. Stella is such a special girl and I hope Mia, Grace and I have many years of her antics ahead of us.
If we do need help again, we may ask, but I hope that it comes at a point in my life when we can afford to do whatever it takes.
+ Read More
Today was a rough day. Stella's surgery got started without a hitch but we had a huge scare. Just after the incision was made, Stellie's heart stopped. For 20-30 seconds, she had no heartbeat. After some quick thinking, Peak's phenomenal surgery/anesthesia team brought my girl back. Kris called me immediately and gave me the option of continuing with the surgery with our fingers crossed or closing her up and trying again once we can pull in a veterinary anesthesiologist for help. I chose the latter choice for obvious reasons. Stella thankfully recovered well and I was able to spend some time smooching on her tonight. We will need to manage her back pain until we can get a better anesthesia plan in place. Tonight she is in the hospital, I'll pick her up in the morning and I can't wait!
This bump in the road means that our estimate will change some, though I don't know how much. Please keep sharing the hell out of our campaign- we are so close!!!
+ Read More
Stella rolls into the OR in about 45 minutes. I'm a nervous wreck, but I got to smoosh her squishy face this morning before work. I brought the hospital staff some treats this morning to (hopefully) make up for the fact that I've been obsessively dictating which anesthetics she can and can't have. Really though, what kind of Frenchie owner would I be if I didn't? I can't thank everyone enough for all the help and support these last few days. Keep her in your thoughts and please keep sharing our campaign- we still have some more funds to raise.
+ Read More
Read a Previous Update

$2,000 goal

Campaign created 6 months ago
No Longer Accepting Donations
 Share on Facebook
Your share could be bringing in donations. Sign in to track your impact.
   Connect
We will never post without your permission.
In the future, we'll let you know if your sharing brings in any donations.
We weren't able to connect your Facebook account. Please try again later.
No donations yet. Help launch this campaign and become the first donor.
or
Use My Email Address
By continuing, you agree with the GoFundMe
terms and privacy policy
There's an issue with this Campaign Organizer's account. Our team has contacted them with the solution! Please ask them to sign in to GoFundMe and check their account. Return to Campaign

Are you ready for the next step?
Even a $5 donation can help!
Donate Now Not now
Connect on Facebook to keep track of how many donations your share brings.
We will never post on Facebook without your permission.