Spotlight Volunteers Campaign
Katie Lynn OKLAHOMA CITY, OK
“It is not right that we should give up preaching the word of God to serve tables...pick out men of good repute, full of the Spirit and of wisdom, whom we will appoint to this duty. But we will devote ourselves to prayer and to the ministry of the word.” ...And the word of God continued to increase, and the number of the disciples multiplied greatly in Jerusalem...
Who We Are:
Spotlight Volunteers is a ministry in Oklahoma that recruits volunteers for local concerts and events. We recruit volunteers for Winter Jam, KLOVE & AIR1 Radio, and many more! We also do local promotion in the concert's area.
Simply put, Christian concerts, or any concert, cannot exist without volunteers! Without them, we couldn’t see hundreds of people come to know Jesus in a personal way each night. We couldn’t minister to hundreds of hurting people. We couldn’t hear the stories of people’s lives being transformed and saved.
The ultimate goal of Spotlight is to further God’s Kingdom. To quote one of our favorite bands, “The power of music can impact our mood, emotions, our day. But when you merge the strength of music with the heart, hope and passion of the Gospel… it has the ultimate power not only to change someone’s day but to impact them for eternity… we hope that people will be moved, encouraged and stirred to live a life for Someone greater than themselves.”
We would love for you to join us in this mission!
We Need Your Help!
For a greater part of the past 10 years, this has been a hobby for most of our volunteers. Last year, we decided that this was our life calling. We believe God put us in this place at this time to join others in doing his will. Our desire is to branch out to other people, ministries, and states in order to spread the Gospel through live music.
We also have a desire to reach out to those who would not normally get the chance to hear from a Christian artist. We are working on partnering with other ministries to reach the needy, the lost, and other aread of the music industry.
In order to make this happen, Spotlight is in need of capital to help things get rolling! Below is a list of what your contributions will go towards (in order of need):
- Business Upkeep (promotion, office expenses, etc.)
- Concert Needs (water and food for volunteers, etc.)
- Music Fund (Giving Christian music to those who would otherwise not be able to afford it, such as homeless shelters, via CDs and free concerts)
- Ticket Fund (Giving tickets for Christian concerts to those who would otherwise not be able to afford them)
- Volunteer Fund (Spotlight is a volunteer ministry. This means we are not paid by the tours for our services. This also means that our volunteers sometimes come from far and wide spending their own time and money. We would love to be able to bless them for all they do!)
*This Campaign is run by the Director and Assistant Director of Spotlight Volunteers. (Pictured above with band Citizen Way)
What does Spotlight mean?
Out mission is to assist bands and artists with their day-to-day tasks so they can focus on the ultimate goal, shining a Spotlight on Jesus Christ. (See Acts 6 for the whole story!)
Are you a non-profit?
We are currently in the process of becoming a not-for-profit organization.
This amount is based on a few initial needs and an estimation of what it cost us to run at break-even for a year.
I cannot contribute financially, is there another way I can help?
Absolutely! You can help in a number of ways:
1. Volunteer - Visit cycministries.wordpress.com/events to sign up!
2. Street Team - We need dedicated people to spread the word about Spotlight and our upcoming events! Check out spotlightvolunteers.wordpress.com/streetteam
3. Business Partner - Do you own a printing company or office supply store? We always are in need of flyers, business cards, office supplies, etc! Other needs include food for volunteers, car rentals, giveaways, booth supplies, etc. (Full list below)
4. Prayer - Pray for us that we will make God fearing business decisions in the years to come. Pray that God's work will be done at our events. And pray that others will feel lead to donate and/or volunteer!
Katie Fleming - Director of Spotlight Volunteers
Dani Mione - Assistant Director
Wish List: If you wish to give towards a certain goal, please indicate this when you give. Below are some of our usual expenses and other areas.
Business cards/flyers - $25 per order
Website - $20 per month
Volunteer Identification - $50 per event [up to $1000 to provide t-shirts!]
Volunteer booth - $750 goal
Promotional materials - $500 goal
Music Fund - $15 per CD + shipping
Concert Fund - concert tickets are $10-$100
- booking an artist for a free show can cost anywhere from $100-$10000