2
2

Sophia Coxe Education Center

$45 of $5,000 goal

Raised by 2 people in 6 months
Created June 12, 2018
Fundraising Team
Historical Restoration and Preservation of the Sophia Coxe Memorial Foundation and Education Center.  

Built in 1869, the Coxe home was a wedding gift from Eckley B. Coxe to his wife Sophia Georgiana Fisher Coxe.  Eckley Coxe was a brilliant mining engineer, geologist, coal operator, and political leader. Unlike many coal owners' wives, Sophia took a vital and active interest in the welfare of the miners and their families. 

Sophia kept up her charitable works throughout her life, living on just 10% of her income, and worked very hard to give the other 90% away.

In 2014, the Sophia Coxe Memorial Foundation and Education Center was established at the historic home as a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization to promote, preserve, and interpret the philantropic life work of Sophia Coxe, the influence of Eckley B. Coxe on the mining industry, the history of NEPA anthracite mining heritage, and to provide a learning center with hands-on training in the traditional skills.

Much of the home's original architecture remains.

Donations collected through this GoFundMe page will be used for the ongoing improvements and restorations of the historic home as it continues to fulfill its mission of hosting historical programs and classes annually.
+ Read More

$45 of $5,000 goal

Raised by 2 people in 6 months
Created June 12, 2018
Fundraising Team
Funds raised will benefit:
Sophia Cox Memorial and Education Center
Certified Charity
+ Learn More
Drifton, PA
EIN: 465410616
How it Works
  1. You make a donation using a PayPal account or a credit/debit card to PayPal Giving Fund (a 501(c)(3) charitable organization).
  2. After the deduction of payment processing fees, PayPal Giving Fund delivers the funds it receives to the chosen charity on a monthly basis.*
* If, after reasonable efforts, PayPal Giving Fund cannot deliver donations to this charity, the funds may be donated to another charity per PayPal Giving Fund’s policies.
Your share could be bringing in donations. Sign in to track your impact.
   Connect
We will never post without your permission.
In the future, we'll let you know if your sharing brings in any donations.
We weren't able to connect your Facebook account. Please try again later.
MO
$20
Maureen O'Neill
3 months ago
CS
$25
Chris Stamatopoulos
6 months ago
or
Use My Email Address
By continuing, you agree with the GoFundMe
terms and privacy policy
There's an issue with this Campaign Organizer's account. Our team has contacted them with the solution! Please ask them to sign in to GoFundMe and check their account. Return to Campaign

Are you ready for the next step?
Even a $5 donation can help!
Donate Now Not now
Connect on Facebook to keep track of how many donations your share brings.
We will never post on Facebook without your permission.