Reese's Miracle Mission

$8,230 of $125,000 goal

Raised by 162 people in 48 months
Reese was born 7/29/14 to my husband Matt and I. We have always known that Reese was sick, but doctor appointment after doctor appointment we were always told it was smaller things, a viral infection, ear infection etc. Matt and I were never satisfied with that answer and knew that something bigger was going on with our son, this past Tuesday June 16th, we found out that Reese had fluid on his brain, along with a tumor; within 30 minutes of being at the hospital Reese was taken back for emergency surgery to remove that fluid from his brain, later that day after an MRI we found out that the tumor was in his brain stem and his spinal cord. Reese had another surgery the 18th to biopsy the tumor, and that is when we found out that the tumor is inoperable. The doctors believe the tumor is Astrocytoma, but we are still waiting on confirmation from the biopsy. We need a miracle. Reese is already my miracle baby, I have always called him that. The doctors say that it is a miracle that he still has movement and function in his arms and legs, they have also said that treatment could prolong his life, but that with where his tumor is located that it is highly, highly rare that it could ever be completely treated. please pray for my baby boy. Thank you for taking your time to read about Reese's Miracle Mission Thank you for your support, and thank you, thank you for your prayers.
http://Facebook.com/groups/ReesesMiracleMission
http://Facebook.Com/ReesesMiracleMission
http://Youcaring.com/ReesesMiracleMission
+ Read More
Losing his movement in his right arm and leg has been tough. Learning how to use them again, along with sitting up and walking will be a long hard journey for him.
+ Read More
Brain biopsy and removing tethering from brainstem and neck. 9/12/17
+ Read More
It's about time I do an update, after our last appt getting more information from our PCH team and their tumor board meeting and also being In contact with our Neuro Surgeon in Memphis, who also took Reese's Case to the St Jude Tumor Board, we now know that another surgery is NOT an option. Pch did say they could do special Mris to try and map his nerves in his brain stem to possibly do another debulking surgery but it could actually be very tragic and I'm not willing to do that. We have been told since his tumor growth was inside the brain stem, the more it grows it can leave him permanently delayed. Like I've said before I've notice his balance had been off a little and his speech has been a little harder to understand. There is two chemos we can try. Well one really, because the second comes in a pill form and isn't fda approved yet and would cost around $10,000 per month. He can't take a pill and it can't be crushed, So we now have one chemo option and also both tumor boards have recommended Proton Radiation Therapy. I would never go with regular radiation at his age and placement of his tumor, so we have an appt at the Mayo Clinic to learn more about the proton and especially the risks this Thursday. They said if it works it's the fastest way to get results with his tumor but I'm not sure I would be able to do this with Reese yet. I would really like to get the info first, especially before I'll make that decision but we don't have a lot of time. So hopefully after Thursday I will know what we should do. I would like to see him hit at least 3 years old before taking that road but it all depends. The doctors said the chemo option, if it works at all may not be fast enough if his tumor continues to grow. These are our last options medically so it's very heartbreaking and def overwhelming. I'm praying for a miracle for my baby! He has been through so much and is so strong and I won't give up on him ever! I will fight for him and with him everyday!! I'm praying that I will know which option is best for him and which will really help. Please everyone pray for Reese to be healed on this earth and that we get a Miracle for him.
+ Read More
So Reese's neuro Oncologist called today. He said their tumor board and St Jude recommend him to have another debulking surgery and radiation. This absolutely breaks my heart because it seems like they are saying these are last resort option. Also because the surgery could possibly knock him down and take away all the amazing progress my angel had made in the last year and half like his motor skills etc etc. Plus I'm not on board with Radiation at this time especially with his age. St Jude WONT accept him as a patient because the protocol he would of been able to get into closed a week ago. We will have an appt set up next week with our team here at PCH to go over everything and make a plan. This is so unfair to Reese and I don't understand why him or any child's life can be at risk due to cancer and all the treatments. We are heartbroken and I'm so scared. If he does need the surgery I'm going to push to take him to Memphis to our amazing surgeon but Insurance will NOT cover it this time and this NEEDS to be done there. They have a much better system and an IMRi machine that helps during surgery and is much more safe especially being his tumor is in his Brain Stem. They will not cover the travel, surgery, hospital stay, doctor bills for the hospital and probably more...Please help us save our son! I will do absolutely anything! Please donate if you can, share share share! Please keep the prayers and support coming for Reese. We are going to need it this time around even more than ever!! I'm praying for a miracle!


https://www.gofundme.com/reesesmission
+ Read More
Read a Previous Update
George N Tonie Blair
47 months ago
1
1

http://www.healthy-holistic-living.com/essential-oils-stop-cancer-in-its-tracks.html

+ Read More
Brooke Hight-Kitchen
27 months ago

Have you looked into trying CBD oil its been known to cure cancer

+ Read More
George N Tonie Blair
47 months ago

Have you looked into 100% Essential Oils? I have read up on it and Thought I would pass it along, it might help you. It seems to have helped lots of other patents with cancer and tumers etc.. And very quickly! I never tried it but I figured maybe it could help your son.

+ Read More
Adrian Villegas
47 months ago

Have you looked into applying for other state insurances? I work for DES and the reason they wont cover it is due to being out of the county that you are a resident of. Most states do this. Unexcept ER visits. With other states being a resident in another state they have terms for the resident qualification. Something to look into.

+ Read More
Erin Zmayefski
48 months ago

We did have our care meeting yesterday when Reese was in surgery. His biopsy came back as Diffuse Astrocytoma grade 2. Which means it is slow growing and he was probably born with it and somehow genetic. It is inoperable. They want us to start chemo in 10-14 days after he is recovered from surgerys. They say chemo, if it helps, and if he can handle it, will only slow the growth. They don't see it shrinking it and have never seen this happen. We are looking into alternative treatments as well that may be very expensive on top of extensive physical therapy that his insurance will not cover. They have never seen this kind of tumor shrink and go away from treatment, and they also say it won't ever shrink or come out of his brain stem or spinal cord. We are praying for a miracle still and now really need to find a way financially to explore other treatment options and possibly go to Texas if he is accepted. We are also looking into possibly traveling to Philadelphia and Boston. Please everyone that can help in anyway it would be greatly appreciate! Prayers needed everyday. This tumor is affecting everything in his body and at anytime he can lose his motorskills. It's affects everything in his body, including his breathing. Again thank you all for sharing, donating and praying!! #reesesmiraclemission #miraclebaby #mymiraclebaby

+ Read More

$8,230 of $125,000 goal

Raised by 162 people in 48 months
Created June 21, 2015
Your share could be bringing in donations. Sign in to track your impact.
   Connect
We will never post without your permission.
In the future, we'll let you know if your sharing brings in any donations.
We weren't able to connect your Facebook account. Please try again later.
LL
$100
Laura Landis
27 months ago
DL
$25
Denise Lucas
27 months ago
SD
$20
Sam Dunn
27 months ago
SO
$100
Shirley Owens
27 months ago
$150
Jason Ross
27 months ago

I have been following Reese's battle from the beginning. I had my 2nd brain tumor removed shortly before Reese had his surgery. I am praying hard for you guys. God bless you.

TV
$100
Theresa Varvaro
27 months ago
$25
Anonymous
27 months ago
BF
$25
Brittany Flink
27 months ago
George N Tonie Blair
47 months ago
1
1

http://www.healthy-holistic-living.com/essential-oils-stop-cancer-in-its-tracks.html

+ Read More
Brooke Hight-Kitchen
27 months ago

Have you looked into trying CBD oil its been known to cure cancer

+ Read More
George N Tonie Blair
47 months ago

Have you looked into 100% Essential Oils? I have read up on it and Thought I would pass it along, it might help you. It seems to have helped lots of other patents with cancer and tumers etc.. And very quickly! I never tried it but I figured maybe it could help your son.

+ Read More
Adrian Villegas
47 months ago

Have you looked into applying for other state insurances? I work for DES and the reason they wont cover it is due to being out of the county that you are a resident of. Most states do this. Unexcept ER visits. With other states being a resident in another state they have terms for the resident qualification. Something to look into.

+ Read More
Erin Zmayefski
48 months ago

We did have our care meeting yesterday when Reese was in surgery. His biopsy came back as Diffuse Astrocytoma grade 2. Which means it is slow growing and he was probably born with it and somehow genetic. It is inoperable. They want us to start chemo in 10-14 days after he is recovered from surgerys. They say chemo, if it helps, and if he can handle it, will only slow the growth. They don't see it shrinking it and have never seen this happen. We are looking into alternative treatments as well that may be very expensive on top of extensive physical therapy that his insurance will not cover. They have never seen this kind of tumor shrink and go away from treatment, and they also say it won't ever shrink or come out of his brain stem or spinal cord. We are praying for a miracle still and now really need to find a way financially to explore other treatment options and possibly go to Texas if he is accepted. We are also looking into possibly traveling to Philadelphia and Boston. Please everyone that can help in anyway it would be greatly appreciate! Prayers needed everyday. This tumor is affecting everything in his body and at anytime he can lose his motorskills. It's affects everything in his body, including his breathing. Again thank you all for sharing, donating and praying!! #reesesmiraclemission #miraclebaby #mymiraclebaby

+ Read More
or
Use My Email Address
By continuing, you agree with the GoFundMe
terms and privacy policy
There's an issue with this Campaign Organizer's account. Our team has contacted them with the solution! Please ask them to sign in to GoFundMe and check their account. Return to Campaign

Are you ready for the next step?
Even a $5 donation can help!
Donate Now Not now
Connect on Facebook to keep track of how many donations your share brings.
We will never post on Facebook without your permission.