Reclamation Sci-Fi Web Series
$505 of $6,000 goal
"Reclamation" is an award-winning 18 minute-long pilot for an epic sci-fi series set in 2151 about a determined young woman venturing out into the solar system to find her family that was torn apart by the global corporation that runs everything.
It is the culmination of two years and hundreds of hours of work by an exceptionally talented team of producers, actors, crew and artists...and it is FINISHED! (FYI - If you didn't watch the video above, it contains the trailer for the film.)
"Reclamaiton" has already won awards (SCIENCE FICTION AWARD) and two BEST VFX awards as well as nominations for BEST SHORT FILM, BEST WEB SERIES, and BEST SCREENPLAY, and is an Official Selection of 25 film festivals (as of 8/21/18) including:
• Comicpalooza (Houston)
• San Francisco Comic Con
• TERMINUS Film Festival (Atlanta)
• Super Geek Film Festival (Fort Lauderdale)
• Atlanta Comic Con
• Super Geek Film Festival (Raleigh)
• Gen Con (Indianapolis)
• Golden State Film Festival - WON BEST VFX!
• Michigan Comic Con - WON BEST VFX!
• WorldCon76 (San Jose,)
• Burbank International Film Festival (Burbank, CA, 9/5-9/9)
• UNDO Divergent Film Festival (Boston, MA, 9/8)
• Sick Chick Flicks Film Festival (Cary, NC, 9/29)
• Cleveland Comic Con Film Showcase (Cleveland, OH 10/6)
You can see the full list of festivals and awards on the Reclamation website with links to each festival.
With the film completed, we are raising distribution funds to get "Reclamation" in front of distributors, sales agents, and investors at film festivals, film markets and comic cons.
1. Build audience
2. Secure distribution (i.e. revenue)
3. Continue production
This film is just the first of five episodes writer Tom Loveman has written for an ongoing digital series. By attending film festivals and promoting "Reclamation" we can build an audience, which is appealing to digital and TV networks who are looking for content to acquire.
Distribution comes in several forms; SVOD (Streaming Video on Demand like Amazon Prime, Google Play and iTunes), VOD (independent digital channels online and on devices like Roku and AppleTV), short film distribution (in DVD/Blu-Ray compilations and international sales) and others.
WHAT WE WILL USE THE MONEY FOR
1. Submission fees to approximately 150 film festivals and comic cons (We always try to get discounted fees or fee waivers and enter fests with track records of drawing industry people we want to target.)
2. Blu-Ray burner and materials to produce discs to send to festivals and press
3. DCP (Digital Cinema Package) creation for festivals that use digital projectors found in most movie theaters
4. Marketing and PR materials
6. Film market attendance
Whether you donate $1 or $1,000,000, every dollar is greatly appreciated and helpful in achieving our goals.
We're keeping this simple. Choose one of these two options, or you can enter any amount you like to contribute and we will automatically including you in the perks for which you qualify.
SHOW ME: If you donate $10 or more, you get a link to watch the full 18-minute pilot episode of "Reclamation."
SHOW ME MORE! If you donate $25 or more, you will also receive the scripts for episodes 1-5 to read about Cassie's journey and where it will take her.
In addition, all donors will receive:
• our deepest thanks and recognition on our social media and website ( www.reclamation2151.com)
• regular updates and announcements (awards, festival updates, nominations, etc.)
• backer only video updates and live streams from festivals and comic cons
• Surprise bonus freebies to be announced!
Thanks for your support!
Hello, Team Reclamation!
It’s been 5 months, 35 film festivals, 6 awards including 2 trophies (one is on its way still), and 17 nominations since we kicked off our distribution funds campaign. Thanks to you, we were able to purchase a Blu-Ray burner for submissions and screenings and attend the Palm Springs Film Market where we made several very good contacts with production companies and film festivals.
Going into the holidays, we are shifting our focus away from film festival. We will keep updating our social media and website as we have more news, there are about 40 festivals with pending notifications through July 2019. At this time though, we are shutting down this fundraising campaign. There are several reasons:
1. Holidays mean fewer festivals and with people traveling, or not being able to travel, we won't be attending festivals much going forward.
2. We are working on moving forward to produce more episodes including attaching talent, raising production-level fundraising, and seeking producers/sponsors.
3. We are using our success thus far to pitch Reclamation to studios and production companies.
This is far from the end! It’s been a great year and we thank you all for being there with us! Please keep following Reclamation online and we will keep posting developments as they happen.
Two more official selections this week!
In the Palm Queen International Film Festival, we were named an Official Coronet Selection which is awarded to a project receiving excellent scores for its technical and creative elements making it worthy of an Official Selection. However it did not garner enough total jury points for nomination eligibility or award consideration. So that's it for that festival.
The New York City International Films Infest Festival (NYCIFIF) also selected "Reclamation." It takes place in New York City October 29-31st. They have yet to announce the finalists that will be screened at the event. Website: http://nycinfest.com
That puts us at 34 film festivals! (It took Synesthesia 16 months to reach 35 festivals. We've only been submitting Reclamation for 10 months!)
Thanks for you ongoing support.