Making justice: rapist legal case
In January 2017, I named the man who raped and abused me, stalked, threatened, blackmailed and harassed me: youtuber X (see blog). I will refer to him as Ex throughout this story. I named him to break his power over me, so he could no longer blackmail me.
As a result I revealed everything that happened so he couldn't use anything against me anymore to silence me and torment me. This was a horrible thing to do, and I lost all my privacy due to it, but at the time it was the only thing I could do: I needed to protect myself and warn others about him.
The rapist allowed his fans as a result to dox me (reveal private info about me) in his own communities. He incited violence on me online, used his friends and family to do this, resulting in death threats for over a year, and me being hospitalised for 7 months total on a psychiatric ward for people with depression and anxiety. He did this to try and silence me.
I'm hereby asking for help to fight the man who tried to drive me to suicide after he raped me.
You can do so by raising awareness on my story, or by donating something to my GoFundMe campagin, to support me in my legal case, to help my fight for justice: to have my rapist prosecuted, and to help me defend myself against my rapist, who is supported by men with power and money.
Evidence my rapist said he's 'going after me':
* * *
* * *
Who am I? My name is Pieke Roelofs. I'm a Dutch autistic from the Netherlands and mother of a child with autism, with severe language and speech delay. Meaning, I have a child, and myself, to care for. Financially, I could be ruined by my rapist, who receives free donations from his fans (around 3000 dollar a month), of whom many don't know what he has done to me, which is why I'm asking for help.
You could help by raising awareness by what he has done to me, so his fans drop financial support to him (and by that, make it more difficult for him to sue me), or by donating a dollar to my campaign, to show you support me.
The rapist, youtuber Ex has been financially supported by billionaire and children's game Minecraft maker Markus Persson aka Notch.
In the past, by many famous youtubers including Kurzgesagt (who still financially supports him), Wendover Productions and Real Engineering have also financially supported him. Ex still receives a lot of donations every month from his fans, of around $3000 a month. He recently hid how much he receives a month, but you can still see how many people donate to him.
I'm asking for help to:
- protect myself against my rapist in case he sues me
- help pay for possible lawyer costs, who are not covered by my pro deo lawyer (who has taken my rape/assault case since December 2017)
- to pay past legal bills considering legal advice (which weren't covered)
- pay bills relating to my rape case which aren't covered (travel expenses, etc)
Why I need help:
- Due to being hospitalised for 7 months due to acute stress disorder and depression after rape/assault, blackmail, harassment, stalking and threats, I drained my bank account, because I was not able to work during this period.
- I am NOT on benefits, have never been on benefits, and I am working again, slowly, but still living off my bank account mainly.
- I suffered a great financial loss due to all the above, am working hard to overcome it, and the out-look of being sued for simply trying to protect myself and warn others, is terrifying, and makes it really hard to recover.
- I am still in therapy. I'm still going through PTSD EMDR trauma therapy, am on 5 different types of medication to deal with anxiety, sleeping problems, depression and the side-effects of my medication, while trying to work also, and care for my child with special needs also.
- My rapist receives free donations, which he can use against me. His fans empower him to go after me legally, while I do not receive such support to defend myself.
- He could financially ruin me, after he already raped, assaulted, threatened, blackmailed, harassed and stalked me.
I spoke out and named my rapist to protect myself and warn others, and am now facing a potential lawsuit against me. Below, I will explain why I spoke out, and what exactly happened.
I felt forced to speak out to protect myself, because Ex blackmailed and threatened me to be quiet about rape and abuse, while I was hospitalised for acute stress disorder and depression, after suffering a miscarriage after rape and abuse. I was hospitalised for 7 months total, not able to care for my own son during this time.
Ex and I were co-workers and worked together on a podcast and many other projects. This was the reason why we met: to work together. While we were working together, a romantic relationship also developed. It was a serious relationship: he met my family and son, and I met his family.
Youtuber Ex has an alcohol problem. He doesn't hide this; he jokes about alcohol and drug abuse all the time, on his youtube channel. While he was drunk, he assaulted and raped me in October 2016. The week after we broke up.
Because I was supposed to make a documentary about him as well, and being in documentary-modus during the whole relationship, I managed to capture incriminating footage of him where the abuse is discussed.
Ex tried to keep me silent about what happened, and started to threaten, stalk and harasses me, and even blackmail me, while I was hospitalised. He accused me of lying and actually blackmailing him, not knowing I had recorded incriminating footage of him, which proved the assault had happened.
He forced me to delete tweets about him where I called him out for harassing me while I was inside a hospital, because he told me if I wouldn't, he would tell all his fans (thousands of people) I was hospitalised due to being psychotic, not due to being depressed and suicidal as a result of rape and abuse. Out of fear, I deleted my original tweets where I called him out for harassing me while I was hospitalised.
I stayed silent for 6 weeks.
During this time, Ex asked to come over to talk. He visited me in the Netherlands while I was hospitalised and on 3 different kind of very strong medication I had never been on before. One of those medications was Xanax; a known rape-drug. Just to give you an idea, what kind of severe side-effects these meds can cause.
While Ex took me out of the hospital to talk, I had a panic attack when I was alone with him, while I was on strong medication. He then, while I was crying, sexually assaulted me again, and two weeks after, tried to use it against me (as can be seen in the video: he just twists the story).
What happened in the Netherlands, this alone, could lead to Ex to end up 8 years in prison according to Dutch law Article 243: http://wetten.overheid.nl/jci1.3:c:BWBR0001854&boek=Tweede&titeldeel=XIV&artikel=243&z=2017-09-01&g=2017-09-01.
I quote (Google translation): He, who with someone he knows that he is in state of unconsciousness, reduced consciousness or physical impotence, or suffers from such a defective development or morbid disorder of his mental faculties that he is not or imperfectly able to determine his will about it or making known or opposing them, committing acts consisting of or partly consisting of the sexual penetration of the body, will be punished with imprisonment of up to eight years or a fine of the fifth category.
I've pressed charges against Ex in the Netherlands for rape, sexual assault, physical assault, blackmail, harassment, threatening me, and libel and slander.
I had to press charges against his own sister for threatening me, and press charges against a friend of his for libel and slander as well.
When I spoke out online to protect myself, so he could not pitch the 'crazy person' story first to thousands of people, I had to tell everybody in my social network about the situation I was in. That I was hospitalised for depression and being suicidal, and that I had been raped and abused, and was being blackmailed by my ex. This was an incredibly humiliating thing to do, but I felt forced to do it, and release every detail about the situation - even things that made me look bad - to show I had nothing to hide. To prove, I was being threatened and blackmailed, by my own rapist.
Since I only had 2 recent exes (one of them being my ex-husband, the father of my child) since 7 years, I felt forced to reveal which ex was doing this: the one I was working with, so the father of my child would not be seen as my rapist. I also named my rapist (Ex), to warn others within the youtube community about him.
There was another reason I also spoke out: Ex has been accused of sexual assault before, by someone else, other than me.
I cannot make public by who, because it's not my story to tell and the details are so severe and the problem is, I have it from hearsay, from Ex himself. If I would make details public, I have no evidence to back-up my story as of now.
He told me about this allegation during the time we were together. Back then, I thought he told me to show me he trusted me with incriminating details about his life. He said his parents instantly believed him when he said he didn't do it, and that they cut out the person who accused him of this. So I believed him when he told me he was innocent. I didn't question this story because he had brought it up himself, until I was raped and abused and blackmailed by Ex myself, and told my own parents about this story, who said he maybe told me as a 'precaution' in case someone would ever bring up the allegation. So he'd have a story ready.
The only way for this other allegation to come out, is if people in the United Kingdom (probably Southampton area), hear about my story, and who my rapist is.
My rapist's name (see blog). If the other person who accused him of sexual assault hears about my story, they might come forward. So I hope they will find out about my story, and reach out to me.
After I spoke out in January 2017, Ex's fans found out because we were working together. I received death threats for a year for speaking out, was called horrible things, and received little support, until #MeToo happened in October 2017.
This all happened while I was hospitalised for depression and being suicidal.
During 2017, I experienced a lot of police failure regarding my rape case.
- In November 2016, I was not able to press charges at police station in Sofia, Bulgaria, (where the first rape and assault happened) due to a language barrier. The police there didn't speak English, and I didn't speak Bulgarian. They couldn't help me, after I spent an hour at the police station trying to communicate with them.
- In January 2017, I was not able to press charges at police station Sittard in the Netherlands, because of police mistakes. They told me I had to go back to Bulgaria. I asked them to file a police report instead, and write a note I had done so which I could make public, because people started to threaten me online and said I hadn't gone to the police. At the time, I kept the real name of my rapist private. I asked the police to use his youtube name in the note. Filing a police report took 2 hours.
- Later, after tweeting my own government about it, my own government tweeted me back saying I could press charges in the Netherlands after all (and that the police made a mistake)
- I confronted the Dutch police at police station Sittard about this failure. They set up a meeting with me so I could press charges. They apologised during this meaning. It turned out during this meeting, I couldn't press charges at all that day, and needed to go to a different station.
Blog about it: https://www.photoandgrime.com/blog-1/2017/5/26/pieke-roelofs/third-times-a-charm/hospital-and-mental-health-stories
- It took 2 extra meetings and 4 hours total at a different police station (Roermond, the Netherlands) before finally, charges were pressed.
- In the first update I received about my police case, I was told they could not locate my rapist. Neither in Bulgaria, but also not in the UK. Strangely, they couldn't locate his family in the UK either at the address I provided: the address I visited myself. The police told me if I had more evidence that could help them with the investigation, I should contact them; but that for now, the case was put on hold.
- Within 24 hours I located the location of my own rapist, based on one of his recent youtube videos in which you could see his apartment, and an advertisement of this apartment on Facebook. It proved he lived in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Within 24 hours, the police responded they were not going to do anything with this information.
- I contacted the Dutch national Ombudsman and filed a complaint against the police. The police did not reply.
- I got in touch with the NRC; a Dutch newspaper from the Netherlands, who started to research my story, my rapist, and police failure regarding my police case.
- Because of all the police failure already in January 2017, I had recorded all police conversations between the police and myself. I presented these conversations to the journalists of NRC to prove the police failure in my case: that I had to trace my own rapist for them, because they couldn't find them, and that the police had treated me not very friendly.
- I e-mailed the national Ombudsman about my communication with the journalists, and told the NO that I had recorded police conversations to prove failure. I asked the NO to bring this to the attention of the police to trigger a response to my complaint.
- November 3 2017: Finally, the Dutch police responded, after hearing about the journalists who were looking into my case, and the recorded police conversations. They had made a new decision: the case would be sent to Bulgaria, so the police there could investigate it. What happened in the Netherlands however, they weren't going to investigate in this part of the case, because they thought the burden of proof would be difficult, and the most severe parts of the case happened in Bulgaria anyway, and this part would be send to the Bulgarian authorities. In the e-mail reply, which was a reply to a complaint regarding the police, the police made a mistake AGAIN: they referred to my rapist as someone with the Bulgarian nationality, while my rapist has the English nationality, and only lives in Bulgaria due to school.
- Again, I filed a complaint against the police for making a decision in a case, based on false information (that my rapist was Bulgarian). They dropped this complaint based on the 'fact' that the case was this being 'investigated' (aka sent to another country). They found a loophole once again, to not reply to a rape victim, and all police failure in my case.
- I offered the police all my recordings of the police calls, to prove failure, but they refused to download it and listen to it.
In December 2017, due to all of this, I was able to tell my story to Dutch lawyer Richard Korver, who agreed to take on my case pro deo, and to essentially file a complaint against the Dutch police for dropping the Dutch part of the case, while there was enough evidence to investigate this case.
Richard Korver will represent me in my rape case against Ex and will file an article 12 procedure (as we call it in the Netherlands) so we can directly present my Dutch case in court.
However, Ex has just made it public he's going after me legally. My pro-deo lawyer does not cover this situation, so I am in danger of being financially ruined by my own rapist for naming him, if the police fail to convict him.
Ex has refused to make a statement since all this happened. He has used his online communities in a very manipulative and subtle way to drive hate my way.
His original threat to make a statement about me, was bluff, to keep me quiet.
I'm working on a 45 minute exposing all of this.
I'm hereby asking, for people to drop financial support towards my rapist, because financial support towards him, will be used to legally sue me. If you financially support Ex, you are a direct threat to me, because the money you give him, will be used against me.
I'm also hereby asking the public to support me financially in my legal case. This is an incredibly humiliating thing to do, but I feel like my hands are tied, and all I can do now, is ask for help.
I spoke out because I was forced to and to warn others. I'm now asking you: please, help me, for trying to do the right thing. I can't do this alone. I need your help.
All money donated will directly go into my legal case to defend myself against my rapist, and to try and have him prosecuted. I've set the goal at 10.000 for now, but I need, much more.
If the police fails to convict my rapist (look up rape conviction statistics: many rapists walk free), he can sue me for defamation and slander. If the police fails me in my rape case, my rapist can DENY everything. I think this is why Ex is also staying silent (and why people should demand a statement from him). My rapist should be challenged to make a statement before trial; so in case he DOES get convicted, everyone will know he lied, if he denied my claims before trial.
So please, if you have the time, read all the resources I've provided, and please consider supporting my cause and consider sharing it.
1. My rapist got famous by stealing images of another woman, impersonating this woman in a video and fatshaming this woman.
2.Possible lie exposed by my rapist
My rapist claimed to have worked for The European Organization for Nuclear Research also known as CERN. CERN has no evidence of him ever working there.
3. Quote Rapist Ex: I once told you I generally don't initiate anything, I just deviously put people in situations where they have to instead, and I look innocent.
4. Pressed charges for libel and slander against Ex and a friend of him.
5. Pressed charges for threats against Ex's sister.
6. Short statement about Ex: https://www.photoandgrime.com/blog-1/2017/3/13/pieke-roelofs/short-statement-exurb1a-and-chronological-order-of-events/hospital-and-mental-health-stories