The Fort Wayne Railroad Historical Society is in need of a new fork lift for it's restoration facility!
The forklift is essential for the organziation's ongoing railroad preservation work, enabling the transportation of heavy tools, equipment, parts, and locomotive components which can weigh over several thousand pounds!
We're raising money to acquire a used forklift to finish heavy annual repair work on steam locomotive no. 765 among many other projects.
The forklift must have the following specifications:
- Propane powered
- 8,000 lb. lift capacity
- 15' vertical lift capacity
- side shift ability for the forks
- Pneumatic tires suitable for inside and outside (non-paved) surfaces
- four wheel configuration (vs. three wheel)
- good condition (not in need of repair)