Marlee’s Medical Fund
My family and I cannot begin to express how overwhelmed and grateful we are for all of the love and support we have received. This last month since my second surgery has been an emotional rollercoaster.
When the doctors recommended chemotherapy and harvesting my eggs we quickly met with the oncologist and fertility specialist to set up everything, which prompted the Go Fund Me Campaign. However, jumping into chemo is a huge decision and we decided to have my lab results sent out for more opinions. Both Harvard and the Mayo Clinic agreed that there are no signs of the granulosa cell tumor, but they did find “unusual cells” in my stomach cavity that might be another form of cancer. Unfortunately no doctor has been able to clearly distinguish what these cells are. After receiving this news I got a PET scan, but the results were inconclusive.
This last month has been one of the most stressful in my life. Playing the waiting game with the doctors only to come up without a clear answer has been the most difficult part. As of now the doctors have decided that the best thing for me to do is wait instead of subjecting me to harmful treatment without a clear diagnosis. In three months I will get another PET scan and blood tests to see if these “unusual cells” have turned into tumors.
It is a very confusing and frustrating situation, but I know that this will all work out in time and I will be alright. I have had to make some of the hardest decisions of my life and it has not been easy, but having so much love and support has eased the stress. I can’t express how grateful my parents and I are to everyone who has reached out. Over the next few months we will be exploring more testing and the continued possibility of the fertility process. I will keep you all up to date as we continue on this journey.
Thank you all again.