217
217
13

Mackensie Yeaton's Medical Fund

$16,903 of $30,000 goal

Raised by 227 people in 10 months
Created February 24, 2018
Hello everyone, 

We wanted to update this page since it has been nearly a year since we first began to notice issues with Mackensie.  Since the initial diagnosis of lesions on Mackensie's brain in February 2018,  Mackensie continues to deal with constant headaches and trouble with her vision. We have visited the children's hospital of Los Angeles multiple times, where some of the best doctors in their field have been trying to pinpoint the exact causes of Mackensie's symptoms.   Our daughter is an incredibly tough little girl, and has had to endure seven MRIs, two spinal taps, and 1 CT scan, and not to mention the constant IVs, blood draws, and anesthesia administered at every appointment.  According to her doctors, the results from these tests seem to indicate that Mackensie does have a mass on her brain, but given its location, it is too dangerous to conduct a biopsy to determine whether this mass is a tumor and if chemotherapy is required.  To complicate matters, Mackensie's neuro-ophthalmologist believes the problems related to her vision and headaches may not be the result of the mass, and in fact could be two separate issues. 

Unfortunately, even after a year we do not have agreement among her doctors or a firm diagnosis, preventing any type of treatment.  But her symptoms have become worse, with her headaches becoming more frequent and painful and her eyesight deteriorating.  The neuro-ophthalmologist has given Mackensie an eyepatch to wear for the time being to potentially correct the vision in one of her eyes, and has not ruled out surgery to correct the issue.  This of course does not take into account the mass on her brain, which its potential longterm effects are still unclear.  


27974054_1547415406791443_r.jpeg
Mackensie is an amazing and strong little girl, but this past year has been incredibly taxing on her and her family.  The frequent trips to Los Angeles are incredibly expensive and force us to miss many days of work.  If surgery, or potential future treatment will be needed, our stays in Los Angeles may become extended, further causing financial stress on our family.  All we want is for Mackensie's pain to go away and know with full certainty the mass on her brain is not malignant and will not disrupt her growth and development. 

We cannot thank everyone enough for their love and support over the past year.  When this was first started we could not have imagined the hundreds of donations and well wishes by family, friends, and even complete strangers! With the constant medical bills, travel, and time away from work, we are worried about having the financial capital to provide Mackensie the full medical assistance and future treatment she may need. We are once again asking for any and all support you are willing to give that can be directly used to pay for our daughter's medical expenses . If you have questions about this process or about the campaign, feel free to e-mail us using the contact link on the campaign page. 

This page will continue to be updated with each appointment.  Our next scheduled trip to Los Angeles is in April, and we hope by that point some answers can be provided.

With love,

Skyler and Melia
+ Read More
Update 7
Posted by Skyler Yeaton
5 days ago
   Share
Hello everyone, 

We wanted to update this page since it has been nearly a year since we first began to notice issues with Mackensie.  Since the initial diagnosis of lesions on Mackensie's brain in February 2018,  Mackensie continues to deal with constant headaches and trouble with her vision. We have visited the children's hospital of Los Angeles multiple times, where some of the best doctors in their field have been trying to pinpoint the exact causes of Mackensie's symptoms.   Our daughter is an incredibly tough little girl, and has had to endure seven MRIs, two spinal taps, and 1 CT scan, and not to mention the constant IVs, blood draws, and anesthesia administered at every appointment.  According to her doctors, the results from these tests seem to indicate that Mackensie does have a mass on her brain, but given its location, it is too dangerous to conduct a biopsy to determine whether this mass is a tumor and if chemotherapy is required.  To complicate matters, Mackensie's neuro-ophthalmologist believes the problems related to her vision and headaches may not be the result of the mass, and in fact could be two separate issues. 

Unfortunately, even after a year we do not have agreement among her doctors or a firm diagnosis, preventing any type of treatment.  But her symptoms have become worse, with her headaches becoming more frequent and painful and her eyesight deteriorating.  The neuro-ophthalmologist has given Mackensie an eyepatch to wear for the time being to potentially correct the vision in one of her eyes, and has not ruled out surgery to correct the issue.  This of course does not take into account the mass on her brain, which its potential longterm effects are still unclear.  



Mackensie is an amazing and strong little girl, but this past year has been incredibly taxing on her and her family.  The frequent trips to Los Angeles are incredibly expensive and force us to miss many days of work.  If surgery, or potential future treatment will be needed, our stays in Los Angeles may become extended, further causing financial stress on our family.  All we want is for Mackensie's pain to go away and know with full certainty the mass on her brain is not malignant and will not disrupt her growth and development. We cannot thank everyone enough for their love and support over the past year.  When this was first started we could not have imagined the hundreds of donations and well wishes by family, friends, and even complete strangers! With the constant medical bills, travel, and time away from work, we are worried about having the financial capital to provide Mackensie the full medical assistance and future treatment she may need. We are once again asking for any and all support you are willing to give that can be directly used to pay for our daughter's medical expenses . If you have questions about this process or about the campaign, feel free to e-mail us using the contact link on the campaign page. 

This page will continue to be updated with each appointment.  Our next schedule trip to Los Angeles is in April, and we hope by that point some answers can be provided.

With love,
Skyler and Melia
+ Read More
Update 6
Posted by Skyler Yeaton
5 months ago
   Share
1
1
Miss Mac had her 5 th Mri on July 20, we were told that day she definitely had a tumor and it had grown.Later in the week her team of doctors met and decided it had not grown and maybe not a tumor . They are uncertain of what her condition is but the neurologist says its may be a low grade glial neoplasm (brain tumor). We are trying to get a 2nd opinion from a pediatric oncologist here in Las vegas but its been over a month trying to get a appointment with them. Her symptoms she has lately complaints of head hurting ,eyes hurting and fatigue. We will travel back to La Children's hospital in October for another Mri and meet with her doctors. Mac has her good days and some bad days but is a fighter. We ask for continued prayers for her and still find answers for whats this is!! Also if our friends and family can pass along her story maybe that can help with finding some answers in this world! I posted this picture the highlighted circle in the mid brain is the lesion/tumor. This is in part of brain that they cant get to and would do more harm than anything. Thank you all for the support..love Skyler and Melia
+ Read More
Update 5
Posted by Skyler Yeaton
9 months ago
   Share
We have arrived home from Mackensie's latest hospital stay. They did her 4 th MRI and more blood work and it looks the same as a few weeks ago. The doctors are telling us now she may have a tumor in the mid brain area. They can't biopsy or remove it due to its location and would do more harm than anything. We can't do Chemo ,because of the uncertainty of the mass. Her vision on her eyes may continue to deteriorate in the meantime. We will continue to travel back and forth to LA childrens to monitor the tumor. We are reaching out now to ST JUDES and DANA-FARBER hospitals for 2nd opinions. These hospitals specialize in brain tumors in children. Thank you to all who have donated and been praying for our little MAC.
+ Read More
Update 4
Posted by Skyler Yeaton
10 months ago
   Share
After returning home we started the ten day steroid pack and everything was going fine for the first five days or so. On Sunday March 11th she started acting fussy and then the following day her left eye started to become droopy and shift back to the left. The doctors suggested we finish off the steroids and see how she reacted to the entire trail of medicine. During that time we got the results of the Lumbar Puncture and everything came back negative, no NMO or anything similar. The hospital asked that we send them pictures and videos of her eyes and after receiving our email they asked us to return. Her condition has worsened over the last 48 hours, both eyes droopy and shifting at this point. We drove from Las Vegas to Los Angeles yesterday and she's hooked up to an IV and started some blood work. Back to the waiting game for the Yeaton's. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.

+ Read More
Read a Previous Update

$16,903 of $30,000 goal

Raised by 227 people in 10 months
Created February 24, 2018
Your share could be bringing in donations. Sign in to track your impact.
   Connect
We will never post without your permission.
In the future, we'll let you know if your sharing brings in any donations.
We weren't able to connect your Facebook account. Please try again later.
CS
$1,000
Casey Schafer
20 hours ago
BS
$100
Barbara Smaller
1 day ago
AG
$100
Amy Guerzon
3 days ago
NP
$30
Nida Phal
4 days ago
$100
Mike Bowers
4 days ago
$100
Jennifer Rogers Nield
4 days ago
JL
$5
Jacob Lawler
4 days ago
AP
$50
Anthony Pettavino
5 days ago
JL
$50
Jeff Lenz
5 days ago
ML
$100
Matt Livingston
5 days ago
or
Use My Email Address
By continuing, you agree with the GoFundMe
terms and privacy policy
There's an issue with this Campaign Organizer's account. Our team has contacted them with the solution! Please ask them to sign in to GoFundMe and check their account. Return to Campaign

Are you ready for the next step?
Even a $5 donation can help!
Donate Now Not now
Connect on Facebook to keep track of how many donations your share brings.
We will never post on Facebook without your permission.