Lisa's Travel + Funeral Expenses
Lisa's beloved husband William is shocked and grieving her sudden loss. In the midst of his mourning, William faces daunting financial challenges, including the substantial funeral and transport expenses for Lisa in and between Peru and the United States.
William is a healing arts practitioner and a long-time Brooklyn resident. Lisa and William lived modestly and both contributed to the expenses of their household. Without Lisa's income, William faces an immediate challenge to covering the rent on his apartment among other things.
There is no way for William to get through this kind of crisis on his own. As friends of William and Lisa, we are organizing to raise money to cover:
- Preparation and freight charges for shipment of Lisa's remains from Lima to the US
- Funeral services in Lisa's childhood home of Asheville, North Carolina
- Airfare between NYC and Asheville
- A month of lost wages for William
- Lisa's share of the rent for their home. Although William will ultimately have to leave his home, we would like him to be able to stay there without worry for the next year, as he recovers from this loss.
- Moving expenses, as William will ultimately not be able to stay in his home long-term.
Any donation you can make to ease this difficult time would be so appreciated and would make a big difference.
Our hearts go out to our dear friend William. We will miss Lisa very, very much.
To all our dear friends from every corner of my and Lisa’s lives, I thank you. I thank you for your prayers, your kind words and your support.
I thank you for your generous donations made here.
I thank you for your care and careful words, your love and your warm remembrances; I even thank you for your shock, disbelief and inability to find the words.
I wish to make more personalized notes of gratitude in the near future, but until then, please know I am deeply moved and humbled by your outpouring of help.
On behalf of my sweet wife’s soul and me, Thank you and much affection,
William Ben Brooks
We had no idea we'd reach our original goal in a single day. Just incredible. In response to suggestions from a number of you, we have increased our campaign goal, to provide as much support to William as we can during this difficult time.
We thank you again so, so much for your support. What an incredible reflection this is of the number of people whose lives Lisa and William have touched.