5
5
5

Life Saving Emergency Vet Work

$240 of $3,000 goal

Raised by 5 people in 15 months

My horse hit his leg on something in the pasture, split the fetlock open from joint tip to bottom; all the way to the bone. He went to the clinic for hospitalization within hours of the injury and spent days getting treatment; that initial treatment cost me close to $4000. I was happy to pay it for a chance to save his life, as this seemingly innocuous injury is very life threatening. Unfortunately our work and my expense was in vain, the joint became infected and he will need another more aggressive treatment than before to survive. Unfortunately I'm tapped out almost completely financially. I am draining every last dollar into smaller treatments now in the hopes that they will work but with assistance I could send him to Pilchuck for hospitalization and surgery. Right now our chances are only 5% for recovery, at Pilchuck I have a far greater chance of taking him home someday to reclaim his place in the pasture with his girls. Any help would be greatly appreciated.




+ Read More
Maverick got good news today, the antibiotics must be working as his cytology was very clean. He got another round of antibiotics and sent home for me to continue my work bandaging him daily. I could still use some help with his bill if anyone is willing or able to help. At this point, of all goes well from here; my expenses shouldn't continue to grow too fast now! He goes back to the vet for a follow up in 6 days!
+ Read More
Here it is 2 days after a joint lavage. Right now the path we are taking less likely to be successful but it's all i can afford. Certainly better than euthanasia. Maverick is in pretty good spirits today, kicked up his heals in his stall, which he is not supposed to do, so he must be feeling somewhat better. We go back to the vet on Tuesday for a follow-up look. Then again after that in 6 days.
+ Read More
Joint lavage is today, I am not likely to see the money I need to get to Pilchuck in time so all donations and efforts here will go toward what I can do to increase his odds. Right now that is another joint lavage, packing the joint with antibiotics, giving him antibiotic shots every 6 days and keeping him on SMZ's until he heals. The expenses are still going to be high but I'm going to adjust my fund request to just what I need to keep going down this path as it's the only logical one at this point.
+ Read More
Thanks for the donations, I've decided to take him to my vet to have another joint lavage tomorrow evening, it's all I can do right now but a step in the right decision. I'll chat with my vet about options at length tomorrow.
+ Read More
Read a Previous Update

$240 of $3,000 goal

Raised by 5 people in 15 months
Your share could be bringing in donations. Sign in to track your impact.
   Connect
We will never post without your permission.
In the future, we'll let you know if your sharing brings in any donations.
We weren't able to connect your Facebook account. Please try again later.
SM
$10
shirley mccans
15 months ago
NM
$100
Nadia Martin
15 months ago
MS
$100
MaryEmma Symington
15 months ago
$20
Melissa Cook
15 months ago
$10
Grace Stuhr
15 months ago
or
Use My Email Address
By continuing, you agree with the GoFundMe
terms and privacy policy
There's an issue with this Campaign Organizer's account. Our team has contacted them with the solution! Please ask them to sign in to GoFundMe and check their account. Return to Campaign

Are you ready for the next step?
Even a $5 donation can help!
Donate Now Not now
Connect on Facebook to keep track of how many donations your share brings.
We will never post on Facebook without your permission.