Illinois Chess Vets
Our mission. "to improve the opportunity for Illinois veterans to learn, play and enjoy the game of chess."
Who we are. We are an official IRS Section 501(c)(3) Non-Profit operational organization.
What we do:
- We conduct workshops on how-to-play and tactics.
- We run chess recreational therapy programs at Illinois VA Medical Centers.
- We educate folks on the health benefits of chess.
- We are organizing a “Veteran’s Cup” chess league.
- We run USCF rated and non rated chess tournaments.
- We are a chess “voice “ for veterans in Illinois.
How the money will be used.
100% of the tax deductable donations will be used to support our VA hospital recreational therapy programs and to donate free chess club starter kits to bonefide veteran organizations.
When do we need the money?
Why this means so much to us.
Veterans unselfishly helped provde the American way of life that we now enjoy.
Why we are thankful for your support.
It financially helps us to support our veterans.
Find out more about us at www.ilchessvets.org
Donations over $50 perk. Unlimited Sunday tournament entry fees paid for 2017. Other perks have been cancelled.
Limited time only. Free unlimited paid entry fees for all of our weekly 2017 Sunday tournaments if you donate $50+.
We now have our IRS Section 501(c)(3) status.
We are now officially Illinois Chess Vets, NFP which means we are a Illinois Not-For-Profit Corporation. We have our IRS EIN and am now starting our 501(c)(3) filling with the IRS. I have included our financials "pie graphs" to show how the money is made and spent.