$2,725 of $2,500 goal
In early April, I was diagnosed with a glioma, an aggressive and recurring brain tumor. My mommy and daddy had the tumor removed, and we're working on getting my stitches out. I have seizures because of the tumor, but my doctors are helping me control them with medicine.
My tumor will come back, but with radiation therapy and chemotherapy I should have lots more time to run and wrestle and love and snore. My doctors say I am an excellent candidate for treatment.
Mommy and daddy weren't sure about making this page, but they want me to have the best chance possible at a longer life. My vet bills are very expensive, but mommy and daddy don't want to be greedy. They're doing the best that they can.
If you decide to help us, we'll send you frequent updates about my prognosis and adventures.
Really, how can you say no to this face?
If you'd like to read more about my diagnosis, please check out our blog:
We can't thank you enough for your generosity and support.
We haven't updated this page for a while. Here's what's been going on:
-MJ's final chemo session was scheduled for October 9th. Due to increasing concerns about her elevated liver enzyme count, her oncologist decided to discontinue treatment.
-A month later, we returned to the oncologist for a check up. MJ's liver levels had returned to normal and her blood work showed no evidence of disease. No additional chemo will be administered; we're just going to watch and wait.
-On November 11, MJ attended day camp for the first time since her diagnosis. She did well and ran herself out.
We go back for a check up in January. Until then, we're back to business as (un)usual.
Have a safe and warm holiday. We hope it's full of snuggles and pie.
Big news: this Wednesday, MJ reached a new milestone. We are officially three sessions into her chemotherapy-- exactly half way. If you want to take that further, she is 75% done with her cancer treatments. And her weight is up to 54.8 lbs, exactly where she began her journey in April.
MJ has responded well to chemo. Each session begins with an exam and blood work and an assessment as to whether her little self can handle another treatment. She's a tough one, and her exams and blood work have come back disease-free. This is incredible news to have IN WRITING after her treatments. She hasn't experienced upset tummy or hair loss, though she still has some asymmetrical spots in her coat from where her fur hasn't grown back. #shorthairsdontcare
In response to her treatments, MJ has developed a very faint heart murmur and her liver enzymes are a little low. We're keeping an eye (ear) on her heart and she's starting a liver supplement. These side effects were unexpected but not abnormal.
Thank you so much for your continued support and messages of love.
Since MJ's final radiation session almost two weeks ago, we're settling back into our "normal" routine at home. She's completely over being in a cone, and it's beginning to frustrate her that she's still restrained on-harness when we're outside. She just wants to run and play. I don't blame her.
Her appetite is good and she's looking less rib-y. She's incredibly thirsty because of her steroids, but she's good on her feet and seizure-free.
More to come!