Help us fund Sid's veterinary costs
Hello everyone and thank you for viewing my page!
Anyone who knows me will know how much I absolutely adore and dote on my cats. I'd never had cats myself until about 3 years ago when we adopted Sid and his brother Arty from the RSPCA. Unfortunately we lost Arty when he was only 1 year old as he had a hereditary condition called Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. As tragic as it was to lose Arty, we never dreamt we'd be in a very similar situation a couple of years down the line with his brother Sid.
Although Sid is still in the process of being diagnosed, it's looking very likely that he has lymphoma in both of his kidneys. The vets costs have already totaled around £1000 and as I am out of work myself at the moment have had to rely on my family to help fund the costs thus far. With no firm diagnosis as of yet we can all but assume the costs of potential chemotherapy won't be possible, therefore I decided to start this GoFundMe to try and cover the costs so far and put a bit towards whatever treatments he has to follow. My family have enough financial burdens themselves and, as absolutely grateful as I am for their help so far, would love to be able to repay their kindness and help fund any further treatment, whether that ends up being palliative, chemotherapy, or hopefully nothing cancer related!
Sid is like a child to me and we are constant companions. He was hand-reared by the RSPCA before we adopted him and, having been raised from humans his whole life, quickly latched on to me as his human 'father' and we've been inseparable ever since. It would mean the world to me to either be able to fund proper treatment for him in the hopes of him making a recovery, or even the alternative of at least being able to make him comfortable in his last few days. He's only 3 years old and after his brother passed when he was only 1 I really want to be able to give at least one of them as full a life as possible.
The next few days are critical for his wellbeing as he won't be getting his full diagnosis until Tuesday at the earliest. He's doing his best to fight at the moment, having spent the past couple of days on an IV under the care of the vets, but for now he's back at home where he's loved and we want to do the best for him that we can. We owe it him for all the love and companionship he's given us over these few short years.
I'd be completely indebted to anyone for any donation, no matter the size, however even if you could just share this to increase the visibility of my plea then I'd be so very grateful!
Thank you so much for reading, donating, sharing, and/ or caring,
Your generous donations covered the costs of his checkup and medication from today's appointment so thank you again for being so kind and helping us out! All your support is helping keep our morale high and the positive vibes flowing :)
To give you an update on Sid's condition, since he came off the IV drip yesterday morning and came back home he's still been eating ( we cooked him some chicken!) and drinking, along with having some anti-acid medicine and antibiotics. He's hanging in there just fine at the moment and is due back in the vets tomorrow morning (that's August 20th) for a checkup. They'll run blood tests again to see if the toxin levels in his kidneys have changed since he came off the drip, and then he'll either spend the day on the IV again if he needs to or he'll come back home.
As I said earlier I'm completely blown away by the amount of donations we've received so far and whatever treatment he needs tomorrow is already covered! On behalf of Sid and I, we love you all :)