Help Holly Beat Lyme Disease
I'm Holly, and in the last two weeks I've had a major relapse of chronic Lyme Disease that has me unable to work. I make my sole income through freelance design and writing, and when I can't work, I have no income, unfortunately. The treatment I require to get better is also not covered by my insurance, nor are most of the medicines and supplements I need for treatment. So, I need help with medical funds, living expenses, and business obligations to get through these next few months and back to much better health.
What I need to get through these next three months:
- Immediate funds for medical treatment not covered by insurance. I'm looking at IV therapy with a Lyme Disease specialist twice a week for six weeks, and once a week for the next six weeks after. This treatment will help me get back to a health equilibrium.
- Immediate funds to cover medications and supplements that are not covered by insurance.
- Immediate funds to cover mental health expenses. Lyme Disease comes with an intense mental health component, and this treatment, along with the physical treatment, is absolutely essential.
- Funds to cover living expenses the next three months and freelance business expenses that I can't otherwise cancel or back out of.
- Funds to refund projects I have currently contracted with clients so I can clear my schedule for treatment and recovery.
All of this adds up to around $8500. Everything I have has gone to medical treatment at the start of this health crisis, so my need for funds to continue treatment and meet basic expenses is urgent.
Any and all funds toward this help with my recovery, and allow me to rest out this process and heal a lot quicker so I can get back to helping people with their design projects, and doing what I love best: living a full and happy life!
With Lyme Disease, recovery isn't always (or usually ever) a straight trajectory, either--any funds over and above the goal I'll use if I need more time to recover, or set aside to help when I have gaps where I can't work for a few weeks and need the extra funds to get more treatment.
Thank you so much for your help! Your support means the world to me!
I'm almost halfway to my original funding goal--which is enough to cover the next 4-6 weeks or so of treatment and living expenses, depending on how everything goes. I just had my third week of treatment last week, and while it's a bit two steps forward, one step back, I'm still making a lot of progress, and the overall trend is upward, so I'm really happy about that!
While my next few weeks are covered (thank you!!!), I do still need to find a way to cover continued treatment and expenses until the end of the year, so if you're able or inclined to share again, I'd super appreciate it! Social media gurus in the family have informed me that the best time to get a post visible is in the morning, if that helps. :) I'm not on social media myself (for health and mental health reasons), and I so appreciate any help to spread the word, and all the help you've already given. None of this would have been possible without you! Thank you! <3
I'll keep checking back in and sharing where I can. If you haven't shared yet, please consider doing so! Every bit helps, and there's a ways to go yet before I'm in the clear. But even now I feel such a weight lifting knowing I'll have funds to get through the next few weeks. I so appreciate the help, and all of you. Thank you!