Gian's Volunteer Trip to Mozambique
About 4 weeks ago I was called to participate in their Kiva Fellows program in Mozambique, starting early February. Even though I knew it was a non-paid program, I did not hesitate for a second before accepting the invite.
kiva is committed to refunding essential costs for this trip, which currently helps me to pay for the flight ticket from San Francisco to Maputo and the visa process, essentially.
So, considering all costs involved with accommodation, food, commuting and personal maintenance - keeping it to its basic - I am USD1.200 short.
For this reason, I am here to ask my friends, Kiva's mission enthusiasts, and volunteering supporters in general, to help me fund this trip that will not only assist Kiva to monitor and audit local field partners, as well as onboard and train a new one, but it will also help me to achieve a dream of my own by having the chance to assist people in need on an on-the-ground experience.
More specifically, your donation will help Kiva
- Interview borrowers to verify data and measure impact.
- Document impact through imagery content (video and photo).
- Promote the Field Partner's work.
- Educate lenders on Kiva does and how loans work.
- Train a new Field Partner at Kiva's processes, policies and best practices.
- Expand the number of loans in Mozambique and assist those in real need.
I will be, obviously, extremely thankful to everyone out there that can help me with whatever amount available, so that I can carry out this mission successfully. Above all else, I will be extremely thankful to anyone who sends me positive energy in whichever way or spiritual channel they find suitable.