Gerald and Barb Sprosty house fire
Barb and Gerald Sprosty lost everything they own in a house fire that started in their sun room due to an electical issue along with 2 pets. They need everything from furniture to forks. Please find it in your hearts to help them out beings Barb is not in good health and her son also has issues. The entire house is wet and smoke damaged and are now being put up in a hotel here in Prairie du Chien, WI . Gerald has to return to work on Wednesday and Barb can't do everything on her own. Thank you kindly for any kind of donation or article of furniture , clothing , food or any daily products you would use yourself on a daily basis. They just got news that the cats won't live without oxygen now so very depressed. Here are their clothes sizes Gerald is 38 x 32 pants, XL shirts , Barb is 2/3 or 3/4 pants , S /M shirts and their son is 32 x 34 pants and L shirts. I surely hope there is help for my friends. God Bless you all. Here is our local newspaper cover story;
Two members of the Prairie du Chien Street Department may have saved the lives of four people sleeping in a house that caught fire Monday morning.
Street Department employees Dirk Steiner and Rich Stovey were working near the residence at 710 N. Wacouta Ave. when they noticed the fire and called the Prairie du Chien Fire Department. Neighbors called the fire department at about the same time, approximately 8:45 a.m. Steiner and Stovey pounded on the front door of the residence and woke up the mother. Three children were also sleeping in the house, including the son, a cousin and a friend.
Fire Chief Harry Remz said that nobody was hurt as a result of the fire, but two of the four cats at the residence died.
Remz said the three-season room at the back of the house is a total loss and there was extensive smoke damage throughout the house. The siding on the house also was damaged heavily. Remz noted that the house had vinyl siding which is made of petroleum products which burn very extensively.
The house to the north of the residence where the fire occurred sustained minor damage. Remz said the house to the south had damage to its siding as well as smoke damage.
The fire department was called back to the scene by a neighbor at about 12:30 p.m. to put out some smoldering.
Assisting the Prairie du Chien Fire Department were Tri-State Ambulance, Crawford County Emergency Management, and the Prairie du Chien Police, Water and Street departments. The American Red Cross, the Salvation Army, the Rivers and Bluffs Animal Shelter, and Crawford County Human Services assisted the family in finding a place to stay and in getting vouchers for clothing, toiletries, medication and many other items that were damaged because of the fire.
I met this couple at the Country Inn and Suites this weekend! My heart aches for them and the memories they have lost. I left a donation with them. I hope things start to get better and easier to handle. Gerald and Barb, you are both in my prayers along with your son. I'm so sorry you are going through this.