Forever Africa Conference and Events (FACE) is a Pan-African initiative brought together by staff and students at the University of Bristol. It has a goal-oriented, interdisciplinary, cross-sector, inter-generational, inter-community, intercontinental vision to dialogue for the purpose of bringing change to the Pan-African community through knowledge cooperation. FACE aims to bring together students, researchers, NGOs, companies, innovators, artists etc who identify with Africa and Africanness. The purpose is to provide a platform for sharing the unique experiences of Africa, as broadly defined, as using that dialogue as a springboard to bring the change we want to see.
After the success of Forever Africa Conference and Events 2018 , the FACE Team would like to begin planning activities that will take place between now and and up to the next annual conference. These will include:
- An African themed food and cultural event at the University of Bristol during Black History Month,
- Adding an employability section to FACE 2019,
- Funding prizes for the Innovation and Enterprise Award to be handed out at FACE 2019 to recognise outstanding student efforts,
- An African dinner and award night to mark the end of FACE 2019,
- Organising a Critical Africana Research Event (an opportunity for African researchers and researchers of Africa to share interdisciplinary research)
- Supporting the attendance of our keynote speakers, panellists and facilitators at our events between now and including FACE 2019 ,
- Organising Pan-African staff-student networking events till FACE 2019,
- Supporting Bristol student attendance at Pan-African conferences
- And any other related costs.
More information can be found on our website
Take a look at our vision statement
The Director's report of FACE 2018