As many of you may know, we got our little baby Zoe about four months ago. She has been the light of our home, bringing us happiness every single day. On Tuesday night, after we all came back from work, we found our little Zoe filled with blood, having constant seizures. We rushed her to the emergency veterinary and they concluded that Zoe was electrocuted with a cable cord. Unfortunately, Zoe has been diagnosed with pulmonary edema and cardiac arrhythmia, as a result of the electric shock. She is currently in an oxygen chamber, she requires medication to help her recover from the pulmonary edema and 24/7 monitoring, as well as x-rays to monitor any changes to her lungs. She also suffered a burn to her mouth and cheek due to the electric shock, which will require special burn wound treatment. This is going to be a very slow recovery, the vets estimate that Zoe will need to stay under supervision and hospitalized for several more days.
The veterinary costs are extremely high, each night ranges from $1,200 - $2,000. We are doing everything we can to cover the costs but it has become increasingly more difficult. Unlike human treatment, veterinary treatment has to be paid in advance and fully. Zoe will not survive without the oxygen and 24 hour monitoring so we are now asking for your generous contribution.
If you are a pet owner, you probably know how special they are. She is part of our family and we cannot imagine our lives without her. The money that is not used will be donated to an animal rescue foundation.
We sincerely appreciate your help and Zoe will appreciate it too. We cannot wait to be reunited.
Thank you so much!
Summary of one night at the hospital:
DonationsSee top donations
- The Delavalle Family
- Maria Sarraff
- Annie Moore
- Jessie Zhang
- Fabien Champey
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more