Last night tragedy struck one of our own. Matt Sanders and his father Rich were sleeping when the sound of a smoke alarm woke them up. Matt opened his bedroom door and noticed smoke and intense heat filling the hallway of his home. Matt quickly yelled to his father who sleeping across the hall. Rich crawled to Matt’s room and shut the door. Matt’s girlfriend, Rich, and Matt were trapped in their home. Knowing there was no other way out, Matt opened the window and the 3 of them along with Matt’s dog escaped the burning home.
Matt and Rich have lost almost all of their possessions but thankfully nobody was hurt.
Matt works as a career firefighter in Hamilton and Rich is a Supervisor with Robert Johnson EMS. Both faithfully serve Hamilton township.
The Hamilton Township Career Firefighters Foundation is raising much needed funds to help them rebuild their lives. If you would like to write a check please make it payable to the Hamilton Career Firefighters Foundation and drop it off at any firehouse in Hamilton. Any amount is greatly appreciated as we help the Sanders Family back on their feet.