Ryan Lewis is the father of two sweet young girls (2 and 3). He's a hard-working member of a well respected locally-owned family business, Wolf's ProClean, a power washing company serving the Bryan/College Station market.
(Ryan, Tre, Dredon, Wolf)
On September, 10th, 2020 at 4:15 pm, a truck ran a red light and struck the SUV Ryan was riding in as a passenger. His nephew Dredon (second from the right) was driving the car. The accident was truly terrible, their vehicle was struck on the passenger's side rolling the car three times before it came to a rest on its roof with Ryan pinned under the car. Fuel was spilling everywhere, and thankfully other people came rushing and lifted the car up so that Ryan could be pulled out from under the roof.
By God's grace, Dre was shaken up, but not seriously injured and was able to crawl to freedom. The same cannot be said for Ryan.
Ryan suffered serious damage including:
- Left rib fractures (multiple)
- Left shoulder separation (grade 5)
- Pelvic/sacral fractures
- Urethra was torn from his prostate
Emergency Surgeries Completed:
- Suprapubic catheter
- Internal screws from right hip to sacrum
- External fixator holding pelvis together for 4 weeks
- Repaired left shoulder
- No weight on right leg for at least 6 weeks
- TLSO brace 3 months any time he is sitting upright or moving
- Unable to lift left arm
- Wheelchair and/or crutches for the next 6 weeks at least.
- Physical therapy to walk again
- Removal of the external fixator holding hips together (We hope he is put to sleep for that)
- Revision of urethra in 6-8months
- Once that heals, close/remove the suprapubic catheter
Frankly, there is more than I can list here. He is looking at weeks if not months in a wheelchair, a catheter for at least 3-to-6 months before he can have reconstructive surgery. Beyond medical bills, he cannot return to his second-story apartment and will have to stay with family. He cannot work for at least six months or more, and he faces future surgeries and complications that we cannot even calculate at this moment.
Immediate Needs Include:
- Prayer...lots of prayer
- A wheelchair
- Crutches/walker with armrests
- Contributions to help cover medical costs, therapy costs, lost income, and at-home support costs for the next many months.
Ryan and his family need our help as a community. This is a hard-working honorable family that serves the Bryan/College Station community every single day. As a young father of two little girls, Ryan needs us to circle around them and hold them up in prayer, as well as, provide practical assistance so they can survive this very difficult time. Please consider joining us here at Howdy's Texas Grill'd Pizza in supporting this cause.
(Ryan and his brother Tre)
Who you are and where you’re from?
- My name is Christopher Michael Cody, I go by my middle name "Michael" and I live in College Station, Texas.
- The other organizers of this campaign are Dr. Mark Boyle, M.D., a local physician here in College Station, Texas.
- The last organizer is Milissa Nelson (Ryan Lewis's mother).
Your relationship or contact to the parties you're raising funds for:
- Dr. Boyle and I are family friends of Ryan Lewis's parents (his step-father Melvin "Wolf" Sessions, and mother, Milissa Nelson). - I was asked by Ryan's parents to set up this page for Ryan because; he is incapacitated in the hospital and his parents are by his side.
- I also have the technical and marketing skills to help them run a successful GoFundMe campaign.
How the funds will be spent (be as specific as possible):
- Ryan has multiple expenses, obviously medical and physical rehab, medical equipment (wheelchair/walkers/custom braces/catheters supplies, etc...)
- Additionally, his parent's home must be modified to make it wheelchair accessible.
- He is also out of work for the next six to eight months and he has two daughters he must provide for
- He also has other normal living expenses and in-home care needs
Your withdrawal plan to get the funds to Ryan Lewis and his family:
- A benefit account has been set up with Aggieland Credit Union in Ryan's name.
- Milissa Nelson (Ryan's Mother) is the only one with access to this account. The account is there to specifically hold money in the name of a beneficiary (Ryan Lewis).
- Ryan is still immobile and in the hospital on pain management protocols.
- Ryan's mother (Milissa Nelson) is acting on his behalf in the management of his personal affairs in consult with Ryan.
- Dr. Boyle and I do not have any access to the account and will not in any way ever have access to the funds raised by this program.
- Chad and Tonya Walley
- Steven Mccoslin
- David Crysup
- Mary Carson
- Angela Bernshausen