Greetings! For those of you who don't know me, my name is Kate Peppard
, and I am a yoga teacher in the hilltowns of Franklin County, Massachusetts - primarily in Heath and Rowe, two very small towns with very big beauty on the Vermont line.A BACKSTORY
Just five years ago, I was struggling. I felt empty in all the ways that a human doesn't like to feel empty. I tried to fill up with friends, volunteer work, dinner parties, community work, and more... but I finally realized that my lifestyle was fatiguing me and making me mentally unhealthy. It was time to make a change or go downhill.
So change it was.
1) I stopped drinking.
2) I started really practicing yoga - not just once a week, but once/twice/three times a day.
3) I took a break from Boston and headed west to the Rowe Center
where I determined to reset and try to figure out next steps.
WHAT IS HAPPENING IN MY LIFE IN THIS MOMENT?
1) I am 4 and a half years sober and loving living with the clarity and lack of anxiety that comes with this - and integrating yoga fully into my life and lifestyle has really made this happen.
2) I have completed a 200 hour yoga teacher training, and through a number of twists and turns now find myself leading yoga classes at the Rowe Center for conference season guests.
3) I am currently pursuing training in Y12SR
- a yoga/12 step recovery model... I am hoping I can help share some of my own yoga recovery magic with those in need of a life shift.
I love my life. I am grateful every day for where I live and that I am shifting towards having yoga be my "real" work.
I am also indebted to all of those who have shared my path at various points - healthy and unhealthy, you helped shape that path and without you I would not be where I am - nestled in the quiet of the hills, and seeking your help... AGAIN!WHAT IS THIS FUNDRAISER ALL ABOUT?
So what is this fundraiser for? I am asking for your help to put a YOGA YURT up at the Rowe Center!
The Rowe Center is a spiritual home to many, and has a special place in my heart given my own heart and soul healing time there. Being able to lead classes at Rowe has been wonderful, and putting a yurt up will enable me to expand my yoga offerings exponentially to include:
1) classes for the conference weekends
2) adding more hilltown community classes and retreats
3) making a yoga and wellness offering to the youth who attend summer camps
4) hosting weekend yoga/wellness retreats, including Y12SR retreats focused on integrating Yoga with recovery from substance abuse.
5) community gatherings and other wellness offerings
6) a space for others to hold their own retreats
7) so much more!
I have the yurt - as you can see in my fine form below, stretching after unloading this monster into local storage. Amazingly, its previous owner was another yogini (thank you Erica Nunnaly)!
I have folks to help build the yurt platform, and to put the yurt up. WHAT IS NEEDED?
What I need is help procuring the materials for the platform. That is where YOU, the members of my bigger and broader community/family/yoga tribe come in. Just know, I make this ask with NO expectations; I make this ask knowing that somehow this will all work out the way it needs to. Here is the skinny: I am hoping to raise $7000 for platform materials and a heater for the yurt by June.
Any money I raise above and beyond that is not used for materials will either go to the Rowe Camp and Conference Center to help them out OR will be set aside for scholarships for future Y12SR retreats - your choice.ESTIMATED COSTS:
Propane Heater & Installation: $1000
Platform Structure/Decking for 30' yurt: $4500
Flooring: $1500 (hoping to find a deal on hardwood for appx 700sf)HOW TO HELP
1) Donate through this Go Fund Me and get some yoga from me in exchange (see below for my offers)
2) Want a tax deduction, or just want to give directly? I have options for you - email me for more information: email@example.com
3) If you have materials you want to donate, I will happily pick them up! I can send you a materials list to review.IN EXCHANGE FOR YOUR DONATIONS!
You will receive my eternal gratitude... of course, and the following:LEVEL 1 - 2x6's: Up to $50
– yoga class & sauna LEVEL 2 - Plywood: $50 - $100
– 2 yoga classes & saunasLEVEL 3 - Simpson Strong Tie: $100 – $250
– Day retreat
Get away for a day of sweet self-care. I will offer a set series of days, you pick one. This includes access to the beautiful grounds and trails, two yoga classes, unlimited sauna time, and lunch. ($200 and up will get this for two of you, or one person twice)LEVEL 4 - Decking: $250 - $500
Come away for an overnight. I will offer a set series of days for you to choose from. This includes access to the beautiful grounds and trails at the Rowe Center, three yoga classes, unlimited sauna, dinner, a stay in a Rowe dorm or cabin, and breakfast the next morning.LEVEL 5 - Vestibule: $500 - $750 -
Mini-Immersion for 2 OR Weekend Retreat for 1
All of the mini-immersion elements for two OR a weekend retreat: 2 nights dorm stay, 6 meals, 5 yoga classes, unlimited sauna, hike, nature immersion, quiet, millions of stars...
I want to host you all in the yurt someday. I want to lead you all into a deeply relaxed savasana. I want to share the sense of calm and peace I derive from my yoga practice with all of you who have had an impact on my life in one way or another. But whether you can make it out here or not, anything you can do to help be nothing less than magical, and I will be utterly grateful.
Thank you. Thank you.
Namaste.The Future Yoga Yurt in its Former Home: