Our aim is to support 500 immigrant daughters gain access to therapy and wellbeing sessions by December 2021.
WHO WE ARE..
Home Girls Unite is safe space for eldest immigrant daughters, both on and offline. We provide group therapy and one to one support for immigrant women who are facing racism and discrimination, social and economic inequalities, mental health stigma. Further struggles in the private sphere include being the second mothers to siblings, financial abuse and home keepers, all whilst aiming for academic and career success, this causes further strain on our mental health as daughters in an Immigrant home.
Home Girls is run by Hanna and Yasin, two eldest daughters, who found themselves struggling with the daily responsibilities of being in an immigrant household and saw a gap that needed to be filled to provide support for fellow immigrant daughters.
Since 2018, we have facilitated monthly sessions for the women and created online resources including our weekly podcast. Our group sessions always aim to tackle issues that women from immigrant homes face on a daily basis. We want to do more, being able to scale and gain financial support will allow for us to be able to support more women. Some of our session have been based around subjects such as tough love, mindfulness, self-care and financial fraud literacy and more.
HOW YOUR DONATIONS WILL HELP..
- £2500 Donation covers the cost of 5 group therapy session for 12 women
- £2000 Donation covers 10 online sessions with 10 coaches
- £1500 Donation covers the cost of 7 therapist & wellbeing coaches
- £1000 Donation covers 10 one to one therapy sessions for two women
- £500 Donation covers the cost of miniating our online support resources
- £250 Donation covers 5 one to one sessions for one woman
- £100 Donation covers 2 online workshops on mental health & wellbeing
- £50 Donation covers the cost of a therapy sessions for 1 woman
- £10 Donation covers lunch for 2 women at our sessions
WHERE TO FIND US...
Other ways to help
Become a Home Girl
Thank you so much for all your help!!
Hanna & Yasin