SO! Where does the woman who loves Shakespeare and new verse need to go?
London, of course!
I'm thrilled to have gotten a sit-down with Bush Theatre's Artistic Director in mid-May (she's awesome, check her out ), and I'm doubly thrilled to be meeting with the creator of Wooden Overcoats (it's hilarious, check it out ) while I'm there.
I'm also *ahem* hoping to catch a certain Mr. Hiddleston on the stage, and see what he is made of. (And whether he is worthy of being in future verse.)
However, being a woman of modest means, I could use some help to fund this trip. Including:
• Passport (slightly expedited) - $200 - ACHIEVED!
• Round trip air fare - $550 - ACHIEVED!
• Lodging for one week - ACHIEVED!
• Seeing Betrayal - ACHIEVED!
• Food - $150 (I can be frugal! And I have some cash tucked away for per diem.)
• Underground - $50? (I think $50 is a safe bet for four days of travel hither and yon)
I'm excited to be taking this bold new step into a city I love. And I'm hoping, I'm really hoping against hope, that it opens up a new chapter for me as a playwright and producer...which in turn opens up a new chapter for so many other writers, directors, actors, dramaturgs, and Folks What Like Seeing New Versions of Arthur, Please!
Thank you, thank you, for your support and belief and cheerleading. It's scary to put myself out there. But it's like being windy on a precipice. And with you, Wendy, we can fly.
All my love,