Gorgeous Medical Bills

My dog Gorgeous is one of the most amazing, loving animals I have ever had the honor to have in my life. She walked into my families life back in about 2009 by hiding out in my aunt's garage. She was extremely shy with obvious signs of abuse but i sat in that garage for hours until she finally got curious enough to come up and say hello.

We have been inseparable ever since.

She has led me through some of the most depressing times of my life. She has been my rock and the reason I had never ended it even when all hope seemed loss. She had hope in me. She showed me this hope everytime I came home with a wag or a lick. She'd sit with me and never leave my side even when I'd stay up crying all night. Right now, my dog and my best friend needs me now more than ever.

Her health started to decline about a month ago when she started to vomit anytime she tried eating which we had thought were due to some milkbones she had eaten or the new dog food we had introduced gradually to her. I had consulted a vet and they had advised a bland food diet. This helped with the vomiting though she started to get slight diarrhea, but that went away. We gradually put her back onto her old dog food (she did NOT like the new dog food), but the vomiting came back, even though we did everything the vet had suggested. Back onto the bland she went but by this time she had started to rapidly lose weight. This was when we took her into the emergency room.

They found via x-ray that there seemed to be a mass in her abdomen, her blood work came back fine with some anemia, she was slightly dehydrated and there were no parasites in her stool. I then decided to move forward with an ultrasound to see if the mass was a blockage (which was the best case scenario) or cancer (which is the worst case scenario). on 4/15/20 at 8:28pm I received a call from the vet and they stated it was pancreatitis. My only option at this point due to the uncertainty that there is cancer involved is to take her in to a CT scan tomorrow morning. I want to rule out every single thing and make sure that I can save my dog's life. I am not ready to lose her yet, she is my world and still has a few years left in her. And she's still so active, she still wants to play and go out for car rides and I just can't give up on her yet.

As you can imagine, all these things from the blood work, stool samples, x-rays, ultrasounds, and now with her being on an IV with a tube draining excess fluids from her stomach and the CT scan in the morning it has wracked up my credit card debt exponentially. I have been very lucky to have high enough credit to extend my credit line to be able to cover all of this but I fear this may cripple me.

I don't like asking for help but the pain of all of this happening, the possibility of still losing my dog after doing everything in my power that I could do... I turn to you all. Please if you have anything at all that can help I will greatly appreciate it. Thank you to everyone for your kind words up to now and thank you for taking the time to read this novel from a grieving pet mother.

I will be posting updates as news progresses. This is everything we know at this time.



 See top
  • Darian Avery 
    • $30 
    • 27 d
  • Sean Sena 
    • $100 
    • 3 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $500 
    • 3 mos
  • Jeffrey Zade 
    • $20 
    • 4 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $100 
    • 5 mos
See all


Eva Ohwell 
Mesa, AZ
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more