Please see link to the Well Woman Clinic's new fundraising page: Well Woman Clinic Fundraiser 2022: https://gofund.me/d99e4555
-ABOUT THE MEPS TRUST WELL WOMAN CLINIC-
The MEPS Trust Well Woman Clinic was founded in 2006 and is registered as a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) in Sierra Leone.
The WWC is committed to raising awareness of breast and cervical cancers, providing clinical screenings, diagnostic services, and cancer care support. The Clinic arranges treatments for cancer patients and covers the cost of treatment for those in need.
The WWC also provides wellness and gynaecological screening and treatment. In collaboration with the Ministry of Health and Sanitation the WWC offer free antenatal and postnatal services. We work with the Government, local and international partners and the community in providing free, subsidised or affordable health services especially for those in need.
The Clinic recognises the value of preventative health care and promotes good health and well-being for the family by carrying out holistic advocacy and awareness raising campaigns targeting vulnerable women and men in remote areas of Sierra Leone.
-SUMMARY OF THE WELL WOMAN CLINIC SERVICES -
· Breast and Cervical cancer screening, diagnostic services and care;
· Free antenatal/postnatal clinic, including ultrasound scans;
· Wellness Care; diabetes, obesity and hypertension screening and care;
· Reproductive health checks; including STI screening/treatment, family planning
· Counselling and Survivorship Programme
· Outreach awareness raising and screening programmes
- FUNDRAISING -
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month (BRECAM) and is a time to acknowledge the Well Woman Clinic's achievements, a time to raise funds for improvement and awareness, diagnosis and management. It is a time to remember, celebrate and honour our carers, our loved ones no longer with us, and our survivors.
In recognition of the world's challenges, we are continuing our indoor/outdoor challenging activities such as walking, running, cycling, swimming, dancing, yoga, tennis, spinning or weight lifting in small groups.
This year’s challenge is titled Well Woman Clinic #BRECAM 2022 #MissionPossible # NaWeAllFet. We encourage participants to join us by registering your activity throughout October and donating proceeds to the clinic. Registration cost is Le200,000. You will receive a t-shirt and a refreshment at registration.
2022 continues to be a challenging year globally; across the world we have felt the impact of rising living costs and COVID-19; a backlog of patients waiting for diagnosis or treatment, a reduction in the healthcare workforce and diagnostic equipment shortages. Uncertainty and possible delays in cancer screening and treatment can be distressing for people with severe health conditions such as breast cancer. We fight on, continue to raise awareness, fundraise and provide quality diagnostic and care services for them.
- HOW YOUR DONATION IS SPENT -
At the Well Woman Clinic, we know that early detection saves lives and every leone, pound or dollar you donate, every t-shirt, service or activity you sponsor helps us to save lives.
Funds raised during this period and throughout the year go directly towards screening, awareness campaigns, early diagnostics and treatment for women and men.
You could sponsor the full cost of diagnostics of one woman at LE 2.5 million (£175) ($242) each. Or why not sponsor any follow up treatment at a cost of LE 8 million ($777) (£560) each. A total package of diagnostics and treatment would cost LE 10.5million ($1,020) (£735) each.
10 FACTS ABOUT THE WELL WOMAN CLINIC
1. Over the past 16 years, The Well Woman Clinic has given 75,000 patients in Sierra Leone access diagnostics care and support
2. The WWC have been able to monetarily support and subsidize the holistic treatment of several breast cancer cases, including surgery (pre-and post-operative care), chemotherapy, counseling and psychosocial care.
3. The WWC has given over 160 patients free access to our services, including free consultations and follow-up visits as well as free breast ultrasound scans.
4. The WWC has collaborated with Consultant Pathologists at Connaught and Choithram Hospital to fast-track biopsies, histological results, and diagnosis of breast lumps so that patients receive their results in a timely fashion and are promptly referred for treatment.
5. The WWC offers 10 Free Mammogram tests per month to suspected cancer patients in collaboration with Choithram Hospital
6. The WWC carry out outreach programmes. They have raised awareness of cancer and conducted Clinical Breast Examinations on over 1700 women, girls and men in organizations, churches, schools, and communities, including the Parliament of Sierra Leone, UN health Expo, Ministry of Health and Sanitation Health Summit, US Embassy, Zonta, Ecobank, Africell, Guma, Wilberforce community, Kent community, Springs of Joy Ministries, Annie Walsh Secondary School, and NP Sierra Leone amongst others.
7. The WWC design and print Educational Breast Cancer Pamphlets and Materials for distribution to patients during outreach programmes, so this can be disseminated to others.
8. The WWC participate in National Cancer Policy Planning, Programmes and Workshops as active members of the National Cancer Technical Working Group and the HPV Vaccine Technical Working Group.
9. The WWC carry out fortnightly outreach programmes to Sussex, Waterloo and Grey Bush communities offering Free Obstetric Ultrasound Scans to Pregnant Mothers
10. FACT: The WWC could not do this without your support! In the coming year the WWC hope to reach more men and women and be in a position to sponsor diagnosis and treatment for more vulnerable men and women in need. We are truly grateful and thank you for joining the fight against cancer.
BE BREAST AWARE: EARLY DETECTION SAVES LIVES AND TOGETHER WE CAN CONTINUE TO MAKE THIS MISSION POSSIBLE AS WE EMBARK ON THE ME4U CHALLENGE.
Visit our website to find out more about our work: www.wellwomanclinic.org (Please bare with us as the website gets updated)
-MORE ABOUT THIS FUNDRAISING PAGE-
This fundraising page was set up in 2016 as a great way for supporters of the Clinic and its patients to donate online at anytime. The page was initially set up to raise funds to acquire a mammogram (to complete the Clinic’s screening and diagnostics process. It now welcomes donations to help save lives with the cost of early diagnosis and treatment as we continue to pursue alternative avenues for our priced mammogram. The Clinic also runs regular fundraising events, including our famous sponsored ‘walk, cycle and run’ for breast cancer awareness in October. All funds raised during this period and throughout the year go towards the diagnosis and treatment of our patients, awareness raising, the Clinic’s running costs and, of course, our mammogram project.
DonationsSee top donations
- Sylvia Jones
- Ajaratu Jallo-Jamboria
- Hanna Carew
Well Woman Clinic