I'm using these funds to purchase needed supplies in Austin and driving them to Houston area shelters. 100% of these funds will go toward disaster supplies. Not a single cent will go toward my needs. I will donate any amount I do not use to the American Red Cross.
I had plane tickets to go to Ray Shih's bachelor party this weekend in Texas, however, Hurricane Harvey has changed our plans. Ray lives in Houston and evacuated to Austin last week. I am flying into Austin, meeting up with the groom, and we are driving down to Houston to check on his place and volunteer our time to shelters in the area.
According to this crowd-sourced map (https://sketch-city.github.io/harvey-needs/) there is a large need for baby formula, diapers, and toiletries. We will purchase supplies in Austin and drive them to Houston.
I can't go party while Houston remains underwater. Help me out with some funds and I will get supplies where they need to go.
GoFundMe Transparency Info
1. I'm Eddy Kim from Denver, CO. I am working with Raymond Shih, a resident of Houston, TX.
2. We are purchasing supplies and delivering them to shelters in the Houston area. We do not have a specific shelter selected yet. We will be traveling to Houston on Friday, 9/1. Eddy will leave Texas on 9/4.
3. 100% of funds will be spent on purchasing needed items: diapers, baby formula, hygiene products, toiletries, and non-perishable food. We will deliver these products via our personal vehicle directly to the shelter.
4. We will purchase these products in the Austin metro area (probably Costco or another bulk retailer). I will save all receipts to prove purchases and submit documents as required. Any remaining funds we do not utilize by 9/4 will be donated to the American Red Cross.
- Jennifer She
- Kenji Haroutunian
- Bernard, Lily, Kevin & Christine Ku
- Roberta Lee
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more