Wivi and IB Rasmussen's House Fire

On Wednesday, January 24th Wivi, IB and Mike Rasmussen were asleep when the fire alarm went off. The house was on fire and full of smoke. Mike was able to reach his parents and get them out of the house. Lucky, one of their 3 poodles, ran after them and after treatement, survived. The other 2 were not responsive and although one, Susie, was rescued and taken to the vet, both Susie and Buddy didn't make it.
Wivi and IB are staying with their daughter, Sue Best, and are assessing how to put their lives back together.  It will be approximately a month before their clothes are treated for smoke and returned to them. The house is a loss and must be rebuilt.
Their most urgent need is money to purchase everyday items so they can set up in an apartment while the house is rebuilt.  They also have veterinary bills from Susie and Lucky's treatment. Both the car and the truck are a loss so they are using rental cars until insurance is worked out. There are still many unknowns for what is covered and not covered but they do not have access to any of the items left in the house due to smoke damage.
Thank you in advance for helping Wivi and IB. Your support will not be forgotten.

Donations

  • Cindy Troxler Harvey 
    • $25 
    • 27 mos
  • Stacey Vaughn 
    • $50 
    • 27 mos
  • Megan Love 
    • $25 
    • 27 mos
  • Anthony, Karen Figueroa 
    • $100 
    • 28 mos
  • Matt Tomlinson 
    • $565 
    • 28 mos
See all

Organizer

Lynda Shaffer 
Organizer
Apex, NC
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more