More than 50% of children in Haiti are unable to attend school; and even if they can attend, those schools rarely offer access to computers or technology education.
The WIT Network is helping to change that. This initiative is:
· Building a computer lab at Bethany School in Jacmel to serve 300 children during school hours and a broader community after hours;
· Partnering with a school in Port-au-Prince to access their computer lab during off-hours for technology training;
· Providing software and training programs for the teachers and the students;
· Providing a curriculum and individual career path for the students who complete the computer training;
· Raising individual tuition fees for promising students to attend university after high school.
***Harvest for Humanity is an NGO and registered Canadian charity. We will issue official donation receipts upon request to any donor. The CRA recognizes and will accept the receipt for tax purposes; the receipt may also be accepted by your country, subject to its tax and revenue laws. For any other donors, your donation is gratefully accepted as a personal gift. Be assured that 100% of your gift will go directly to this initiative.
- Lyndy Januszewski
- Barbara Williams Hardy
- Heather Brune
- Daniel Cassell
- Melanie Hall
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more