My name is Timia. I work full time as a Vet tech and I am currently a full-time student at Rutgers University, New Brunswick in my next to last semester. After this semester, I only have 4 classes left and I am aiming to graduate next spring with my bachelors majoring in Animal Science and minoring in economics. Once I graduate, I am looking forward to hopefully getting accepted into and attending Vet school where I would further my education and follow my dream of becoming a Veterinarian. But unfortunately, that’s where the problem lies.
I currently owe Rutgers $2,330 for fall and I’m not sure how much yet for spring. Last time I owed money on my account, I was still allowed to register for classes, but my transcripts were on hold until the money was paid. This time, they have blocked registration. Considering registration is blocked, classes are filling up and I still owe $2,330 before I can take action on anything. This means that even though I am so close to graduation, I will not be able to take my last 4 classes because of the money I owe.
My entire college career has been filled with mountains that I had to hike over, and this one is probably the tallest one yet. Here’s a little background on my journey:
- Sophomore year in HS my family moved to NC from NJ and moved back to NJ right before my senior year
- Graduated HS in 2011, got accepted into Fairleigh Dickinson University. Only attended 1 semester as right before the semester started my NjTAG grant in the amount of $10,000 was taken away from me because I hadn’t been in NJ for 1 year. Although I was in NJ for a year, considering I attended my entire senior year in NJ, my license was from NC and they based that on their decision.
- Took a semester off and then attended Hudson County Community College from 2012-2015, used gov. loans to attend.
- Waited until I got a car, and began attending Rutgers NB in 2017. To pursue my dream of becoming a Veterinarian, I knew this school would be a great option for me.
- Summer 2020, needed to take a summer class. Gov. Loans won’t cover that if used for fall/spring. Thankfully, My mom was able to get a loan to pay for that out of pocket in the amount of $3,000. Needed to pay ASAP in order to get my transcripts over to the Vet schools of my choice.
- Fast forward to today, I was informed that I reached my max on my Gov loans and financial aid has done all they can in terms of applying emergency money that may have been available. I am out of options and owe $2,330 for Fall semester before I can register for any classes
I really would rather not ask anyone for anything and always try to find ways to figure it out, but this time I am completely out of options. I won’t get approved for any private loans as I’ve tried every time I’ve had an issue paying for school and my credit score is shot with multiple inquires on my report. Money is the only thing holding me back from my graduation, and I am so close. I would appreciate if you are able to donate anything, even the smallest amount helps so I can finish my education and graduate from undergrad. I am just trying to be as great as I can be and follow my dreams. Life has not treated me the best theselast few years, and like many others, this year hasn’t been any better. Thank you for all of your help whether it be a donation or just sharing this so other people can see it, it is appreciated.
-Timia B. <3
- Kristina Grego
- Yusimil Un
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more